opinions on the new Soundcloud

- open
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

opinions on the new Soundcloud

Post by Ingemar »

I for one does not quite like it, because for these two reasons all the pros get outweighed:
1. the constant encouragement to "follow back" is the direct opposite to the charm that Soundcloud initially had for me.
2. When the authors's favourites are shown beneath the sound player it will encourage entrepenours to favourite their own tracks, thus making the whole system with favourites/likes hollow.

but, of course, I am interested in your opinions :-flower
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: opinions on the new Soundcloud

Post by deccard »

hm if it would work properly finally than its way better than the old one. the suggestions to follow are unnecessary and get totally ignored by me. so dont see that as a problem in changing peoples behaviour in use of soundcloud. would be nice to turn that off so there is more space for stuff that matters.
techno made me do it
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I dig it..

more options, on one screen vs. clicking on several different links just to get to a page, just to click more links to see your activity..
way more efficient and save clicks.. I also enjoy the darker tones/colors. much easier to look at.
plus bigger, sharper pictures, for the mixes..

follow less people, more tailored feed..
ctadamian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ctadamian »

The new "Stream" is inferior to the old "Dashboard". The extra grouping by user makes it easy to visualize what's happening. The new "Stream" is just a never-ending scroll down list.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

I don't like it. Way to big and clunky. Is it me or to see comments you have to actually open up the comments section on the mix/track and you cant see the wave form? I find the navigation unorganized as well. I hope this isn't the final version.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I've been invited to the beta testing the last 6-8 months or so... and I don't like it.
I don't need the extra focus on social-media they are trying to force down my throat, I have facebook, twitter etc etc for that.

And the times I tested it many of the functions I use from the old wasn't transferred to the new layout, so...
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

Well, I begin to like it a bit, or better some parts I like a lot, others not at all... The constant playback while browsing plus possibility to return to the current track with one click is very well done imo. Also the commenting has been improved (I mean the function to add a comment). I like the overall look and feel, well, not that it's much better than the old but the site needed some visual refreshment and for that it is very well done imo.

The downsides have already been mentionend... The "stream" is sh:t compared to the old dashboard.... "like"? "add to favourites" was much more on point. Comments on extra page :( and so on....

But the overall direction I do like. Guess I will have to get used to it a bit more. Hope they will constantly work on the flaws.
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

And one more positive thing I realized... having a 10y old laptop I can say that the new site performs much better and needs less resources than the old one :)