Re: opinions on the new Soundcloud

Post by tsankip »

you can always switch back to classical view
ao_xk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ao_xk »

ctadamian wrote:The general feeling, me included, is that they're trying to move the focus from the musician to the listener on the mobile platforms. So, basically, it becomes another sort of business. It feels like a big stream in this new model.
Quite possible, yes. But don't underestimate the business analysis they did before making the decision. I doubt the guy in the recording told them anything they wouldn't have considered :P You don't make such decisions without taking everything into account.

This is not to say the guy in the recording doesn't have the right to be upset for the reasons he mentioned.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

ao_xk wrote:
ctadamian wrote:The general feeling, me included, is that they're trying to move the focus from the musician to the listener on the mobile platforms. So, basically, it becomes another sort of business. It feels like a big stream in this new model.
Quite possible, yes. But don't underestimate the business analysis they did before making the decision. I doubt the guy in the recording told them anything they wouldn't have considered :P You don't make such decisions without taking everything into account.

This is not to say the guy in the recording doesn't have the right to be upset for the reasons he mentioned.
Why don't you just use 'soundcloud' as your username, instead of hiding? ;) :green:
ao_xk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ao_xk »

patrick bateman wrote:
ao_xk wrote:

Why don't you just use 'soundcloud' as your username, instead of hiding? ;) :green:
:lol: No, I was just force-fed business case studies during my University degree.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

ao_xk wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
ao_xk wrote:

:lol: No, I was just force-fed business case studies during my University degree.
I agree that they of course have taking many things into account, but that doesn't mean that they can't make mistakes :)