new order system Decks.de

- open
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: new order system Decks.de

Post by blizt »

I always do fine ordering from juno. Shipping has raised slightly over the course of years, but I guess it's normal. I have been tempted to order some items from decks but their shipping costs prior to that always put me apart.
stepz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stepz »

from Decks:
Dear Customers,
unfortunately Decks Records currently is faced with limited capacities.
For that reason we are only able to ship to a restricted range of customers of your country in the future.
While this period of time we will only ship to customers with a value VAT Reg. No. (value added tax registration number). for example: DJs, Vinyl dealer, Label , Booking, Promotion and Event Manager, Clubs and Discos, Cafes, Mastering Studios, Producers, Shops et al.
We ask for your understanding for this limitation. Please respect this fact.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

omg ... didnt know that, thats really bad, just go to deejay.de they offer the same variety of records, less shipping, real pre-order !!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I've always received great service from Decks.de and enjoyed the possibility of not paying the German VAT (=cheaper records for me)...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

em patrick, if you dont pay it in germany you have to pay it in denmark .. you cant just NOT pay it .. i dont know what this has to do with people are not allowed without VAT to shop at decks thats fucking stupid.
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

usefull thread. Deejay.de don't offer free shipping for Canada but still cheaper and good catalogue.
tabula rasa
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:em patrick, if you dont pay it in germany you have to pay it in denmark .. you cant just NOT pay it .. i dont know what this has to do with people are not allowed without VAT to shop at decks thats fcking stupid.
Clearly you don't know how businesses work across EU borders.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

you said
enjoyed the possibility of not paying the German VAT (=cheaper records for me)
you think the system of not paying VAT in the country where you are buying, is to give you cheaper records?
Intra-Community acquisition
An intra-Community acquisition of goods is a taxable transaction for consideration crossing two or more member states and the goods are not sold to the final consumer but rather between merchants.[19] The place of supply is determined to be the destination member state, and VAT is charged at the rate applicable in the destination member state.[20]
The mechanism for achieving this result is as follows. The exporting member state zero-rates the VAT. This means that the member state of the exporting merchant does not collect VAT on the sale, but still gives the exporting merchant a credit for the VAT paid on the purchase by the exporter (in practice this often means a cash refund). The importing member state "reverse charges" the VAT. This means that the importer is required to pay VAT to the importing member state at its rate. In many cases a credit is immediately given for this as input VAT. The importer then charges VAT on resale in the normal way.[20]
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_U ... _added_tax

so please enlighten me, why patrick bateman does not have to pay VAT :)