new order system Decks.de

- open
fear_of_flying
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: new order system Decks.de

Post by fear_of_flying »

fck, this is super bad news really. Decks.de have been our biggest supporter for years now. I really don't think we'd sell the numbers we do without them..
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

I vowed never to use them again after my entire order arrived warped and they tried to tell me it was normal for records to 'have some curving' :shock:
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

fear_of_flying wrote:fck, this is super bad news really. Decks.de have been our biggest supporter for years now. I really don't think we'd sell the numbers we do without them..
Wouldn't worry too much, it's not like people are going to stop buying record all together, because of one badly managed company. I used to always buy all my new records via decks.de. Few weeks ago I happened to buy 2 records of your label using Juno, so that is at least one person you don't have to worry about ;)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

fear_of_flying wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:My label business and DJ/producer business runs through the same company.

So buying records at decks without paying the VAT, means I pay less for the records, compared to if I had to pay the VAT. This is of course related to the DJ business, so nothing private here.

And seems like you're not totally into this stuff, Themis.
But yes, you could buy tons of private stuff over your VAT number, but in the end, you could get asked to come into your tax office and explain every little invoice you have, and then you would be fucked if you didn't have a good explanation.
No worries, my accounts runs through an accountant who used to work for the Danish Tax Authorities for 8 years, so he knows what is legal and not, and this is totally legit.

Well, you even proved the thing yourself with your link, so I guess I don't have to explain it any further?
Yes, exactly. if you can justify the purchase as a business item then it's fine. But you are actually losing out on not being able to offset vat, so unless the records from decks.de have a significantly lower NET value than if you bought in Denmark it's not worth it (not sure if there are any decent stores there or not though.. )

Anybody know why decks.de changed their Vat policy at all though? Seems pretty mental.. something major must have happened, they'll lose a sh!t load of business fo'sure
We didn't have any places to buy records in Denmark for many years. Recently a store just opened, but the selection isn't big and those vinyl only releases is easier to get at the bigger online stores.
And still it's easier not to pay the VAT upfront, than to wait 6 months before getting it back if I bought the record here in Denmark.