Houston we guetta problem!

- open
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Houston we guetta problem!

Post by Hutch »

This was the actual back stage video proving him not mixing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qli6L_kO ... r_embedded

and his "power went out"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF-mIQKPuJ0
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: Houston we guetta problem!

Post by Themis »

sorry but was that not already known? i think i remember some interview where he said that he doesnt want that something goes wrong when they pay him 100.000 euro for a gig or something :D so he trys to eliminate as much errors as he can, for example pitching and mixing :D

and was it not the same with other big artists like madonna or britney spears who sang playback? nobody cared.

its probably the same when you tell an opera singer that britney spears sings for millions of people cause she is a great singer.
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

actually, who gives a sh!t?? certainly not the folks who pay entry to see this dude...
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Themis wrote:sorry but was that not already known? i think i remember some interview where he said that he doesnt want that something goes wrong when they pay him 100.000 euro for a gig or something :D so he trys to eliminate as much errors as he can, for example pitching and mixing :D

and was it not the same with other big artists like madonna or britney spears who sang playback? nobody cared.

its probably the same when you tell an opera singer that britney spears sings for millions of people cause she is a great singer.

The playback singing you mention has probably happened, I don't know, but in connection with Madonna I have some doubts. I don't think she does playback at her big tour concerts, at least when I heard her in Vienna with the sticky and sweet tour, she was playing a guitar during a couple of songs and it was one of my favorite songs, Ray of Light and she very seriously slipped at the "faster than the speeding light" part, so that was live singing for sure. :)
In connection with Britney, however, I find this easier to believe :D She had/has a good voice, but she couldn't handle the sudden fame. For that you need intelligence, a good manager is not enough. And this is why I respect Madonna, cause she always came up with albums through the past thirty some years, that followed the current trend in sound and were also her style (though her new, 2012 album I found disappointing).

Here's a fun video I found recently: "Madonna Live from The American Music Awards, Los Angeles 1985 "...

... as for Guetta, I can only say, that I've seen too much of him during these past one or two weeks, where I normally wouldn't expect to, which was really annoying :)
...:::I Looove this Place:::...