ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: passport "occupation" field...

Post by ray parry »

cloutier wrote:
ray parry wrote:
cloutier wrote:
that being said, i'm also 99% certain that the only info shared universally with passports is full name, date of birth, passport number, photo, and, in our case, social security number, and maybe travel history. other sh!t, though, isn't shared outside of the home governments database (though the usa does have a full disclosure with canada, which is why we get hassled all the time).
yeah you're right. i have searched a lot on the internet about what's shared between countries and its what you stated. i want to come to the us, but have a criminal record so im meant to state it, but there is no way of them finding out according to what people are saying on the internet so i shall be keeping my mouth shut.

I think in your case, they wont know.
supposedly things outside of like...murder, robbery and other capital offences aren't shown on anyones exterior record. meaning the us wouldn't know about some parking ticket or shoplifting or whatever.
that's what i heard also.

I read something about interpol being shared, but no reason to worry about that.

from what i remember here in the uk there isnt even one big database. i think it seperate databases for each county. so if i did a crime in manchester it wouldnt flag up in london. so there is no way they have shared one big database with the us. i believe its all just one big myth that there is this fucking great big database that shows all our lives on. i could be wrong though, there were plans to make a big database in 2011, but i never heard of it actually going through.

im going in a few weeks though, so ill let you know if I get knocked back.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

can you honestly ever see the entire world agreeing on something so massive as sharing our private lives collectively? it'll never happen, nor has it happened. countries are very proud of their information, and they're very unwilling to share it.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

seriously cloutier? the US is pressuring europe to share all data since 9/11

bank records, bank transaction they even wanna know transaction that have nothing to do with the US for example germany -> austria. they even got this data, until 2 years ago, illegal. now the EU has made a contract for it, yippi !

all flight data, not only for flights going into the US, no ALL data, even if i fly from paris to vienna, someone in your homesecurity department will know it. also they want to know your whole flight history. even what you had for lunch on the plane.

they also want access to all police data, not only capital offenses.

biochip passports, guess why every european citizen has to give his fingerprints if he wants a passport now? yeah the US had a great idea, again.

They allready share our private data !
the only thing you can hope for is that they simply dont have the manpower to prosecute every little thing.
in the light of the euro crisis nobody will care if you make 1000 bucks as DJ, even if they have that information.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

double post..
Last edited by ray parry on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

im sorry but i dont believe they share everything themis. perhaps they want europe to, but its not happening. if you search on the internet it tells a different story to many of the myths i have heard.

i just got a passport and i didnt need to give fingerprints. there is no big datebase where they share information. only canada and the us share information. we have chips on our passport that contain no more information then thats on the front page of our passports. I have seen the front screen at passport control and there was no mention of me being arrested or anything like that, it just listed my basic information. from what i can tell it only flags up on their system if you're wanted or suspected of doing something serious.

i know a few people that have got into the us and have serious drug charges that if they had gone through the visa waiver program would have been refused. they simply dont have this big database, that we think they do. if you dont say anything there is no way they can check. think about it, them green forms you have to fill in on the plane and declare everything! why would they get you to do this if they have this big super system that can already tell them this sh!t?
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

about flight data sharing:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17764365
Anti-terror monitoring
The PNR information includes names, addresses, credit card and phone numbers, but in some circumstances may also include sensitive data on an individual's ethnic origin, meal choices, health, political views or sex life.
The US authorities say they will "employ automated systems to filter and mask out sensitive data from PNR".
Sensitive data "could be used in exceptional circumstances when a person's life is at risk", a European Parliament statement said.
Such data would be accessed only case-by-case and would be permanently deleted 30 days after receipt unless needed for a specific investigation.
The deal says PNR data will be used exclusively to combat terrorism or fund-raising for terrorism, as well as trans-national crimes that incur a jail sentence of three years or more.
Although airlines already collect many details on passengers, from phone and credit card numbers to meal preferences and medical conditions, now they will transfer that data to the US Department of Homeland Security.
techno made me do it
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport
Technical specifications for the new passports has been established by the European Commission.[24] The specifications are binding for the Schengen agreement parties, i.e. the EU countries, except Ireland and UK
Austria (available since 16 June 2006) .. As of March 2009 all newly issued passports contain fingerprints
of course some security guy with a computer on an airport doesnt have all this information. homeland security does. and right now they have bigger fish to fry than spying on DJs. Most Countrys only gave the informations under the condition that its only used for anti terror.

there are multiple databases most of them not connected, and other agencys like the IRS or ATF dont have access. how long that will be the case, no one knows ...

of course this is offtopic, cause i also believe cloutier nor you will have any trouble traveling ....... for now !
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

but djs also have bombs! (-)