politicians are also bad
    lots of talk about protecting our bubble
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: RA.EX100 Ricardo Villalobos

Post by Hutch »

^-He went to 32 Depeche Mode concerts.

RV has flown under the social radar 4 sure.

Nice to see he's actually human.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

"99% of the music is not coming out" :lol:
fir3
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fir3 »

my favorite 3 were:

"The worst thing you can do is to declare music as good or bad music, because good or bad music doesn't exist. There is music you understand - the language, or communication is fulfilled - or the communication failed, and you don't understand this music. But that's all, and that doesn't mean that the music is bad, you know?"

"We all belong together, you know... And this is what music is able to show, that we are all coming from the same culture, we all love each other, we don't have problems with each other. It's only a political and economical system which makes you believe that you have to hate this other person. But the reality - and the music shows it - is that we all belong together and we all come from the same culture.
And - this is the sad thing when you see, then, suddenly 'Yeah this guy is really dangerous, he wants to kill us all' - THIS IS BULLSHIT!!"

‎"[...] it's so, so nice when you see people out of competition, you know... And «stay out of competition», is for me, my biggest, the most important sentence in my life, you know? To recognize a competition and step out of the competition immediately, you know... And even if people are having competitions with you - to recognize that, and just to say: «Sorry, I'm not competing with you. I don't want to be the biggest, I don't want to be the largest, I don't want to be the richest, I don't want to be the best. IT'S BULLSHIT! Let's just do things!». And this is a nice thing about observing children - they're so innocent, they're so nice..."

Can't personally agree with his views on the Internet and the dependency-happiness/independence-loneliness analogies, but I can understand where they're coming from.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

so funny he doesn't realize that all those bedroom suckers are playing his unreleased music on soundcloud
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

upekah wrote:so funny he doesn't realize that all those bedroom suckers are playing his unreleased music on soundcloud
its much more funny that people who doesnt even know ricardo personally care more than him what bedroom DJs play :)
jsz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jsz »

Part where he talk about 'competition' and 'good or bad music' is nice. On the other side, guy who did this 'talk' was not original with his question. It could be even more interesting.