Labrynth festival anybody??

- open
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Labrynth festival anybody??

Post by soapz »

Wow cloutier now your getting me really excited!! I cant wait. I just need to get myself some cheapo camping gear and Im ready! It works out that I arrive around 4 days before it starts which is perfect and gives me chance to see some of Japan before the crazyness! I know that Scuba played last year. I hope he plays again. Thats one DJ I usually consider one of my favourite at the moment yet Ive never heard him play out. I seem to be always in the wrong country at the time.

I bet it was amazing playing there aswell. Not only for the system but also such an up for it crowd and amazing location!

Im happy :)
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

so far as i know he will not be playing. sorry, buddy.

i actually have been meaning to look in to camping stuff for some friends, too. i have a feeling that there might be some places you can rent equipment from right near the campsite, since its an off-season ski resort. there has to be stuff around there. i'll investigate via some japanese friends and see if i can come up with any good info for you.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Thanks cloutier, much appreciated!! :D

Oh yeh the first names have been announced..

Dasha Rush
Donato Dozzy
Petar Dundov
Fred P Aka Black Jazz Consortium

Cant wait for dozzy! The man can put me into a trance like no other!
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

where'd you see that posted?
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
dashbad
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dashbad »

cloutier wrote:
roland wrote:
cloutier wrote:in a country like japan that has insane laws and punishments for drug use, its not exactly par for the course like it is in the rest of the world.

but its not nearly as crazy as singapore.
lol you've experienced singapore too? i went there from phuket and googled some facts about singapore earlier.. this fuckin dictatorship made me so paranoid i was running an hour through the whole airport to find the guy who was responsible for the "package wrapping" machine.. finally he turned it on for me and i payd for 3 turns.. my suitcase was so heavily wrapped in you couldn't even recognize it's color anymore..

not that i have seen or touched anything there, but just the possibility someone could use me for drug trafficking made me crazy..
partying only in europe for me..

besides that i've read ace reviews about labyrinth, lineup, soundsystem, people.. they have a pretty sophisticated scene there!

i've never been to singapore, but two of my best friends have gone twice. you can get thrown in jail for chewing gum (illegal), and drug usage, possession, or sale is punishable by death.

as for japan...potentially some of the most up-for-it fans that are ravishingly mad for the music. they know damn near every record, and they party...hard. love playing out there.
LOL - had to jump in here to correct a few things. I've lived in Singapore for the last 4 years. It is not illegal to chew gum in Singapore - just to sell it (which is because they don't like cleaning it up) and the death penalty does not exist for possession, use or sale - just for trafficking. Yes, the laws are draconian and punishments harsh but Singapore is actually a pretty chilled out place with a lot less crime than pretty much anywhere else and where it is very rare to see police on the street. Certainly less so than the UK or US. And much like everywhere else in the world drugs are there but not widely available. You just have to know the right people and be discrete - which is pretty much the case in Japan also. I don't touch drugs here - Jakarta is only an hours flight and much lower risk, but people do, and Singapore has a very small but dedicated credible music scene. Xhin is doubtless the biggest export of recent years.

I went to Labyrinth two years running (including the year Eric played) and would agree that it is an absolutely mind blowing experience and worth every penny you will burn in the process.
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

It seems only people in Japan can access the earlybird tickets as they are not on sale via online :(
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Does anybody know if its possible to book the hotel online? I know there is free camping but im pretty much taking everything i own so i need somewhere secure nearby. on the website it talks about getting a discounted ticket if you purchase a hotel room also but cannot find how to actually book it
oost
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by oost »

I was there in 2008. It was the last year of the music at night/sleep during the day programme. Flew straight into narita, met a friend, got a lift straight to the festival and then had my mind blown for nearly 4 days. Changed my outlook on how music and festivals can be. Really have to make back there st some stage. It's special.