Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing)

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing

Post by Themis »

why wouldnt you sell to anyone in italy?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

hard to answer someone else preference on discogs however I've seen a few patterns of people selling for ridiculous high prices from Italy / see previous post. shipping from Italy to the states is also higher than russia has been my experience. none related but I've often wonder of the selling for lower price then double up on the shipping formula that seem to keep reoccurring regardless of where.

I've personally cancelled 2 or 3 transactions after finding out shipping from Italy. just in the past few months I just had to cancel an order from Italy. they wanted $30 US to ship one record. $35 for two... shipping from italy/australia to the US were the two highest shipping prices in the world has been my experience. I believe this was a US seller so perhaps it was only shipping related... I've read sellers state they may experience lost packages repeated as well and just decided it's not worth the headache with certain countries as well.
n1colae
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by n1colae »

John Clees wrote:hard to answer someone else preference on discogs however I've seen a few patterns of people selling for ridiculous high prices from Italy / see previous post. shipping from Italy to the states is also higher than russia has been my experience. none related but I've often wonder of the selling for lower price then double up on the shipping formula that seem to keep reoccurring regardless of where.

I've personally cancelled 2 or 3 transactions after finding out shipping from Italy. just in the past few months I just had to cancel an order from Italy. they wanted $30 US to ship one record. $35 for two... shipping from italy/australia to the US were the two highest shipping prices in the world has been my experience. I believe this was a US seller so perhaps it was only shipping related... I've read sellers state they may experience lost packages repeated as well and just decided it's not worth the headache to other countries as well.
i believe about that. but i'm asking myself, who is here to blame italian shipping prices? i haven't experienced cheap shipping prices from italy and im from slovenia, neighbour country. if i would order from there the price is double as from germany...
LSTL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LSTL »

Guys, from Italy to Italy it takes a bit more than 10€ (410gr). Nuff said i think
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

LSTL wrote:Guys, from Italy to Italy it takes a bit more than 10€ (410gr). Nuff said i think
that does tell something specific. thank you for sharing! ..ha!
n1colae wrote:i haven't experienced cheap shipping prices from italy and im from slovenia, neighbour country. if i would order from there the price is double as from germany...
no kidding. must be a government tax.. it's a specific variable that is built in with the cost when trying to consider a purchase. just something I never really caught until a few months ago and after it happened a few times.

I paid $10-12 from Canada as well. even close to the boarder of detroit. cheaper nearly shipping across the country from CA to MI - I've paid $4-6
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

Shipping from Italy is kind of expensive, a seller recently gave me the link to the prices on the italian post website : http://www.poste.it/postali/estero/raccomandata.shtml

However, this same seller had some outdated pricing on his discogs profile, so when he added the shipping costs to the order, it was 2-3euros more than I expected.

When I asked, he said he forgot to edit the shipping costs in his profile, and I"m free to cancel the order if I don't like it. And I did cancel it.
n1colae
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by n1colae »

poor them, i bet they lose a lot of orders because of this...
brooklyn1
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brooklyn1 »

Yea cost me $21 in shipping last time I ordered from there, now I'll avoid it.
Save the planet, Kill Yourself.