Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing)

- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing

Post by cloutier »

i have successfully talked people down on records before by proving to them that they've had the record for sale for a year and not a single buyer, and the history clearly shows that nobody has sold one for more than xxx price or whatever. they complain for a while, but when you offer them something a bit more reasonable, and impress upon them that unless they want the thing to keep collecting dust on their shelves, they should just suck it up and sell it for less.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Field
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Field »

cloutier wrote:unless they want the thing to keep collecting dust on their shelves, they should just suck it up and sell it for less.
Exactly.

so I made a bid on monday because these three records were priced well above avarage and median, plus there were more copies available in the same or better condition for less €. To save on shipping i thought why not combine multiple records from my wantlist and make a deal. You would assume sellers check the price history and the other copies available when you make an offer and then when faced with the facts they adjust their prices accordingly.

INSTEAD this crazy italian seller just relisted the records i made a bid on and almost doubled the new price! WTF
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Field wrote:
cloutier wrote:unless they want the thing to keep collecting dust on their shelves, they should just suck it up and sell it for less.
Exactly.

so I made a bid on monday because these three records were priced well above avarage and median, plus there were more copies available in the same or better condition for less €. To save on shipping i thought why not combine multiple records from my wantlist and make a deal. You would assume sellers check the price history and the other copies available when you make an offer and then when faced with the facts they adjust their prices accordingly.

INSTEAD this crazy italian seller just relisted the records i made a bid on and almost doubled the new price! WTF
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

damnwords wrote:7 from wantlist, EUR1200
:lol:
83 items from my wantlist. Which comes down to a mere €12,219. Well, folks, looks like a got myself a deal here.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Field wrote:crazy italian seller
The fucker is really cray cray. He sells a VG+ copy of a Black Cock record for €54.99, while there are 11 mint copies for €7-€13.

Btw, am i the only one who tries to avoid Italian, French and Spanish sellers? I'd rather pay more than order from an Italian seller.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

i try my best to stick to uk sellers. sometimes if i really desperate I go into europe, but most of the times i refuse to pay the 8/9 euro shipping most of them want. takes the piss when you spend 50 quid on a 12" and then they want to charge you 8 for postage and then paypal fee's which im sure is not allowed. i should start reading their information, but i normally get too excited and press buy and then see after that im getting raped on all the other costs. same goes for pricks in the uk that charge 4.50 for postage... yeah alright mate... do one!!

i sent a record to spain yesterday for 4£.
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

one italian had normal shipping for 15 eur; I asked about registered shipping and he said it's 35eur :lol:
other than that, I never had issues with other italian, spanish or french sellers, although the packages take longer to get here compared to germany.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

I've ordered from France quite a few times. Each time the sellers responded straight away, were very polite, and the shipping was always done on the same day as i paid. Grading is honest too. So yeah, i don't know why someone would avoid French sellers. The only problem with them is that a lot of them seem to charge a lot for shipping abroad, but then again, it depends on the seller.

Can't say much about Spain, as i only ordered from there once. It was great though. Very quick and professional.

Italy, on the other hand, i do in fact try to avoid, as i've had a few bad experiences with them in the past.

Other than that i'm glad i live in the UK, cos British sellers are the best 8)