Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing)

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing

Post by Themis »

what i was saying is, that its totally normal in other genres, people who buy these first pressings and such things, dont even play them, they just collect them.
its not going to get better the bigger electronic music becomes. 50 € for a rare record, thats absolutly nothing.

on one hand most people here want releases on vinyl ( an ending resource ) on the other hand people want to buy used records for 5 dollar.
in rock there are 10.000 records pressed easy, you can buy the 10th repress of a record. and still first pressings go for thousands of dollars.

thats not even possible in electronic music, there are from the start only 300 records.
if someone had a david bowie record that nobody is selling on discogs, this would go for 2000 dollars from the start.

nobody would say: oh that asshole inflates the prices.

why should electronic music be an exception from anything else that is collected? cars, stamps you name it.

so i would be happy as fck to live in a time where i still can buy a rare record for 50 dollars or 100. cause sure as hell these prices dont go down and it doesnt matter how much people complain.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I've literally read more people "talking" about people bitching about high prices that I've literately seen people complaining about high prices.. :?

naturally I get your point. simple supply/demand
MlclmDXXX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MlclmDXXX »

Themis wrote:what i was saying is, that its totally normal in other genres, people who buy these first pressings and such things, dont even play them, they just collect them.
its not going to get better the bigger electronic music becomes. 50 € for a rare record, thats absolutly nothing.

on one hand most people here want releases on vinyl ( an ending resource ) on the other hand people want to buy used records for 5 dollar.
in rock there are 10.000 records pressed easy, you can buy the 10th repress of a record. and still first pressings go for thousands of dollars.

thats not even possible in electronic music, there are from the start only 300 records.
if someone had a david bowie record that nobody is selling on discogs, this would go for 2000 dollars from the start.

why should electronic music be an exception from anything else that is collected? cars, stamps you name it.

so i would be happy as fck to live in a time where i still can buy a rare record for 50 dollars or 100. cause sure as hell these prices dont go down and it doesnt matter how much people complain.
True.
LSTL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LSTL »

MlclmDXXX wrote:
Themis wrote:what i was saying is, that its totally normal in other genres, people who buy these first pressings and such things, dont even play them, they just collect them.

True.
Thing is that the item has to be rare, for real. Lately i fell 9/10 times on records that are just expensive, otherwise there shouldn't be constantly 5-6 copies for sale starting per 30/40/50+€ with 10€ avg. Rarity for me is something being sold once in a year, imho only in that case it's reasonable an high price. I guess complains are towards the first cases :roll: i'm in that category sometimes too eh :lol:
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

To revive this thread.

I sold a record for 8euros+shipping.
The guy receives it, proceeds to put it for sale for 18euros+shipping because it was the only copy for sale.

:lol: :roll:

I'm not even sure somebody will even pay for it, because the record has a history of "highest price ever paid was 8 something". But still.
LSTL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LSTL »

it depends on record but, believe me, that's going to happen really soon. Still you can add that name on this list i think he deserves
*Changed opinion, if your shipping rates to him were around 10€ it's fair..maybe he didn't like the record and wanted to sell again. Actually it costed that amount to him :)