Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing)

- open
Det
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing

Post by Det »

since january the shiping from USA to Europe is ridiculous expensive.. first is $ 24... sad :(
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

Was just about to post something similar...
USPS PRIORITY INTERNATIONAL MAIL (Trackable)
$50.00 Single 12" or LP, each additional depends on weight
... now that's something. And it is such a pity, because overall US sellers seem to be much more reasonable with the record pricing compared to European sellers. It is so strange because the other way round, from DE to US you can send a single record registered for something around 6€.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

you can never take germany as a reference for shipping prices

in germany everything that has to do with shipping is a huge low wage sector where people are exploited.

so prices like in italy are the norm, for example france and spain, austria have all pretty much the same prices.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

aut.t.n wrote: It is so strange because the other way round, from DE to US you can send a single record registered for something around 6€.
ha! I was curious if that would happen.

enlightening conversation.
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SanderMartin »

Themis wrote:you can never take germany as a reference for shipping prices
in germany everything that has to do with shipping is a huge low wage sector where people are exploited.
so prices like in italy are the norm, for example france and spain, austria have all pretty much the same prices.
I was always curious about the reason shipping from Germany is so cheap. It's even cheaper for me to order Discogs records from Germany instead of from the Netherlands where i live.

Another factor is probably that in Germany you can apparently send packages with a low maximum weight (something like 500gram). Here in the Netherlands the cheapest shipping option allows you to send several kg's which makes it expensive by default.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

btw

why is this only with electronic music that people cant understand high prices for records?

in other genres like rock, pop, punk records trade for thousands of dollars, i never saw someone complain there.

and electronic records with most producing only 300 pieces are probably from the start super rare.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Themis wrote:i never saw someone complain there.
are you surfing rock forums to see if ppl bitch about vinyl there too? :lol: that has to be a completely bias statement.. you can't determined that from a discog forum. I've been a member there since 2004 and only posted a few times getting in some bicker back/forth with frankie bones as he was trying to brag about playing in detroit and I shared it was at a trance club all about money... part of why an old friend of mine matt morris used to be a moderator there and he sent me a direct link. I think I have 5 post since 2004...