Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing)

- open
michel86
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing)

Post by michel86 »

As I buy lots of my records on discogs Im really pissed by latest trend: This is to buy new (or second hand) records and sell them for at least 4 times that value on discogs, its just ridiculous.

So my suggestion is to put here all sellers who are greedy and dont give a damn about people who love music, but are only in this business to make money.

This way we can all see what sellers we should avoid.

So not for bad experiences with sellers, only sellers who ask to much money (not reasonable ammount seen sales history) for their records.

I'll start:

romainlg
innato
mutt_discogs
qqerwin
vinylline_records
the_chef
12-Inch-Love
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing

Post by roland »

great idea michel,

we might also list sellers that should be avoided for other reasons..

my additions to the list for too high pricing:

alain.v2
recordseller
mig.l
musicmagnetic
jespermygind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jespermygind »

What is the purpose really? I'm sure no one will actually buy the high-priced items from them anyway? :D
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

the purpose is to make our anger room, and let it out :D
jespermygind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jespermygind »

Well in that case; please proceed. : - D
michel86
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by michel86 »

No its not just about the expensive items. I hope people who read this simply wont buy any items from them anymore
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

jespermygind wrote:What is the purpose really? I'm sure no one will actually buy the high-priced items from them anyway? :D
hm..., good point :lol:

anyway a discogs topic tho could be useful..

if one had bad experiences with some sellers one could add those.. and i thought of a list for shipping costs since a lot of sellers still wanna rip off people with those.. for uk shipping i kinda always pay different prices, some add 1,60 pounds per record, others don't.. on the royal mail homepage it's impossible to find out, at least for me..

besides that, one can express his frustration with some purchases and stuff :D
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

as someone who has bought vinyl from almost all the sellers you've mentioned, there is a value in the prices that they charge. i've never once had a package lost, they're super quick to contact, sell, and ship, and their vinyl quality is rated perfectly, if not conservatively. they might be a little bit more expensive, but they're almost all worth it.

some of the people also almost never update their prices, so they reflect the value that they put them at three or four years ago when discogs marketplace first opened up. i've never had an issue with contacting said person and being like "look, someone has the same record for sale, in better condition than you listed, for cheaper - want to meet me on this price since i like buying from you?" i've also never had a problem hitting them up with a bulk order and making a deal with them.

also, saying that they don't care about the music is retarded. most of these guys are music snobs that run shops and sell records as a living. look at how many they have for sale - some of them are in the 10+ thousand range. business is business. if anything you should be more annoyed with the dickheads that buy records off of decks and then put them for sale for hundreds of dollars a day later.

there's far worse people on discogs. there's a rash of sellers that list things as near mint when, in reality, they're good, at best. i've been burned by a few people, and definitely make sure the get the feedback they deserve.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier