are there afterhours events in your neck of the woods

- open
Keagan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

are there afterhours events in your neck of the woods

Post by Keagan »

portland oregon, a city that is centered around music and alternative culture has a good amount of people that are intrested in dance music yet only one strong afterhours spot exists

it fails with a big crazy night only once or twice a year even though there is sets there one or two nights a week during the summer, it seems only the same 10 or 15 people attend

its always vintage house and minimal techno with a decent sound system

and after 430 its the dj and the bartender left in the whole bulding
it seems people do not want to be out after the bars close, everyone has to grt back to their safety net...

what afterhours spots are in your city?
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: are there afterhours events in your neck of the woods

Post by WillieSmalls »

Going out in London is sh!t & has been for years. Parties are full of people taking photos of themselves & friends to post on Facebook. The last time I felt any sense of community in a club was in the late 90's/early 2000's.

To summarise, kids don't do enough drugs.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

There are places in London but I prefer more private parties after the club close at 6 or 7. There is often something happening during Sunday but I haven't really been to any of those in a while.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

WillieSmalls wrote:Going out in London is sh!t & has been for years. Parties are full of people taking photos of themselves & friends to post on Facebook. The last time I felt any sense of community in a club was in the late 90's/early 2000's.

To summarise, kids don't do enough drugs.
Quoted for truth.

It's the same sh!t all over the world.
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Basically, just Space & that's it for consistent afterhours.
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

Lots of warehouses here in Denver.

After hours scene is going strong.

One or 2 almost every weekend.

I've personally brought out Tigerskin and Agaric so far.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Some, but at this age (35) I have trouble staying up all night. Also, it's mostly electrohouse and such that's played at those events, not much techno or deep house.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Toronto has an interesting mix of clubs/spaces.

You have your more main-stream venues like Guverment / Footwork - and those tend to keep going for a bit after the bar closes,. They tend to wrap up at around 4/5am - although I have seen them go until between 6-8 before. (Last call is 2:00am here)

Then there is Comfort Zone which opens at 6am on Sunday - haven't been there in years though.

Lots of smaller promoters throw parties in various loft / warehouses / studio type spaces that tend to also run pretty late, and a few times while walking home after leaving a club at 4/5am I've had someone walk up to me with a flyer for an 'after hours by invite only' - and hearing a dull thump of the bass in the nearby distance .

Most places seem to have a peak of crowd between 2-3am, then a bit of a sweet-spot after the drinking crowd filters out home, and then depending on the party - tapering off until 5/6am.

I tend to like the parties thrown by the smaller promoters - the last few I've been to have been consistently great music, good vibes - and hardly a camera/smart phone in sight and just the entire place getting down and dancing until the sound system shuts off.