steve angello vs sneak

- open
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: steve angello vs sneak

Post by ray parry »

No point really other then life is unfair. It's not something I am really bothered about though. Perhaps because it doesn't directly effect me. I just think the whole thing is a bit childish. Sneak seems to think he's some sort of voice for house heads and he seems to have a certain arrogance that I guess annoys me more then the actual truth that he is spouting. His messages to snoop dogg are proper cringe.
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

Swedish house mafia used to make some good commercial house music back in 2003-2006. Now it's pop, yes, but maybe kids from 16-18 years old can discover EDM throught their sh!t, and then dig more. That's what happened to me. Me and all my friends used to listen to Rap, then I discovered EDM throught Tiesto and Armin van buuren in 2000-2002, and I kept diggin for better electronic music.

Maybe a SHM fan who's 16 years old will listen to Chicago house when he'll be 21 years old?!
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

LouisVee wrote:but maybe kids from 16-18 years old can discover EDM throught their sh!t, and then dig more
I hear this excuse a lot. I guess it might've been the case in the 80s or the 90s, but nowadays the youth have the internet. There's the Wikipedia and there's the biggest music archive of all time, YouTube. Ron Hardy, Frankie Knuckles, Kevin Saunderson, Larry Heard are just a few mouse-clicks away from you.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

ray parry wrote:No point really other then life is unfair. It's not something I am really bothered about though. Perhaps because it doesn't directly effect me. I just think the whole thing is a bit childish. Sneak seems to think he's some sort of voice for house heads and he seems to have a certain arrogance that I guess annoys me more then the actual truth that he is spouting. His messages to snoop dogg are proper cringe.
ummm he is.
his music is his voice and speaks for itself..
and has never changed his style of funky jackin (mnml) house..
not to mention how many years he's been in the game nor how he paved many paths for others..
he's like the one of the og kingpin's..
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

breton wrote:
LouisVee wrote:but maybe kids from 16-18 years old can discover EDM throught their sh!t, and then dig more
I hear this excuse a lot. I guess it might've been the case in the 80s or the 90s, but nowadays the youth have the internet. There's the Wikipedia and there's the biggest music archive of all time, YouTube. Ron Hardy, Frankie Knuckles, Kevin Saunderson, Larry Heard are just a few mouse-clicks away from you.
that still still has me in awwww...
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

john clees wrote:
ray parry wrote:No point really other then life is unfair. It's not something I am really bothered about though. Perhaps because it doesn't directly effect me. I just think the whole thing is a bit childish. Sneak seems to think he's some sort of voice for house heads and he seems to have a certain arrogance that I guess annoys me more then the actual truth that he is spouting. His messages to snoop dogg are proper cringe.
ummm he is.
his music is his voice and speaks for itself..
and has never changed his style of funky jackin (mnml) house..
not to mention how many years he's been in the game nor how he paved many paths for others..
he's like the one of the og kingpin's..
maybe for you, but not for me.

i never grew up listening to sneak. i know hes big, but im just not into his sound. for me, i just see him as doing the same old thing for years (you seem to celebrate that) but i like a bit of evolution. doesn't have to be much mind you, but something would be nice. he also slated a ton of people before for doing exactly the same thing for years which is like the pot calling the kettle black. i suppose its a good thing him calling out shm, because its important people know the truth just i cant get over what a massive weapon of a man he is.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

perhaps it's because he typically come across very humble... and/or from the last interview I just saw..
so perhaps that is why it's such new worthy topic. evolved into what...? that's the problem with music today.. tracks have a lot going, all this stuff.... .but never say anything. I love hooked out tracks that you either love or hate : but at least make me feel an emotion to two...
so much music out there, doesn't make be even feel anything at all.. bland scripted formula's..

:D
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

john clees wrote:perhaps it's because he typically come across very humble... and/or from the last interview I just saw..
so perhaps that is why it's such new worthy topic. evolved into what...? that's the problem with music today.. tracks have a lot going, all this stuff.... .but never say anything. I love hooked out tracks that you either love or hate : but at least make me feel an emotion to two...
so much music out there, doesn't make be even feel anything at all.. bland scripted formula's..

:D
humbles a good word, but i just think he comes across as arrogant. not that he shouldn't be of course, but like i said i never got into what he was doing. i just think sneak has used a bland scripted formula for years. this of course is just my opinion, im sure there are tons of artists that i like that you dont get. i'm just not really into that jacking house sound. its never done it for me.