CD decks are a sham :(

- open
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: CD decks are a sham? :(

Post by jackbrazzo »

I've actually started to use USB sticks when I play out. I've got a CD wallet but I find before a gig I can jsut whack a few tracks over and start afresh its quite cool. Also this hotel bar has 1210's there so I can take my vinyl too. best of both worlds :)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:@bateman

not every brain fart which is invented by the industry is "the future".
they try to sell devices so they invent a lot of things which we all desperately "need".

real inovation and improvement pretty much stopped after CDjs were invented, now all those shiny devices are old things with new clothes and some buttons ...

the same with this idea here, were is the real inovation in a USB Only player? you have to carry only 10 g insteal of 500 g CD Case? you save 3 minutes of your life with copying files over to a USB Stick rather than burning a CD?

its all just to sell more devices to a market who already has everything.. so they want to make us think we really need this new features..
I don't care what you're writing, sorry.

I'm just saying, that in a not too long future, it will of course be possible that you have your collection stored online and then you login from the mixer in the club to your cloudbased storage and play the tracks from there.

If it's good for us, me, the techno environment or what ever. I don't know. I'm just saying it will come, of course it will.

I play with vinyls, cd's, usb sticks, serato, traktor. I've tried most of the stuff, except usb controllers and sync'ed traktor sets. All of it have advantages and disadvantages. Go for what you find suits your own needs the best.

One thing I observed in this thread is that it now seems to be a valid point how much weight the DJ bag has, haha :) You guys make my day.
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

Themis wrote: the same with this idea here, were is the real inovation in a USB Only player? you have to carry only 10 g insteal of 500 g CD Case? you save 3 minutes of your life with copying files over to a USB Stick rather than burning a CD?

its all just to sell more devices to a market who already has everything.. so they want to make us think we really need this new features..
the innovation is, well, i predict, that you would spend about 700 on an mp3-J and 1000 on the cd-j with the eeeeeeeexact same functionality. (except the cd playing utility of course)
Themis wrote: its all just to sell more devices to a market who already has everything.. so they want to make us think we really need this new features..
what i'm saying is the opposite of this!

they're trying to sell more devices to a market who doesn't want them, they keep making me think i really need this old feature.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

why would someone want to use cd's over a usb stick? essentially they are the same thing once you get infront of a cdj no? other then tracklisting on the cd front i cant see a difference.

im still playing vinyl, but i do play the odd cd. if i knew the place where i was playing had them fancy cdjs that you can take a usb stick i would take that as it takes a lot less time to load stuff onto a stick.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

you look like a dck if you turn up for a gig with a USB stick and they only have CDJ-1000's.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

lets face it, you look like a dck if you turn up for a gig with a USB stick and they only have CDJ-1000's.

This - always do your research! :D
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

hairblz wrote: the innovation is, well, i predict, that you would spend about 700 on an mp3-J and 1000 on the cd-j with the eeeeeeeexact same functionality. (except the cd playing utility of course)
its maybe that pioneer thinks that DJing in some years will be, what hawtin does now. so no need for a device like that. or anything between mixing out of the box and vinyl/cd.
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

Themis wrote:
hairblz wrote: the innovation is, well, i predict, that you would spend about 700 on an mp3-J and 1000 on the cd-j with the eeeeeeeexact same functionality. (except the cd playing utility of course)
its maybe that pioneer thinks that DJing in some years will be, what hawtin does now. so no need for a device like that. or anything between mixing out of the box and vinyl/cd.
yeah that's a point. maybe they spent a lot getting their loading/eject times and the rest to a certain level, they're not finished cashing in on that investment.