CD decks are a sham :(

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: CD decks are a sham? :(

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:
hairblz wrote: the next idea is to make your music collection online available and download it into the Player if you arrive at a Club. Then you dont have to carry anything :D

I don't see this that far away in the future, that you simply stream from you online catalogue or download into the mixer 5 minutes before you start to play.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

patrick bateman wrote:
Themis wrote:
hairblz wrote: the next idea is to make your music collection online available and download it into the Player if you arrive at a Club. Then you dont have to carry anything :D

I don't see this that far away in the future, that you simply stream from you online catalogue or download into the mixer 5 minutes before you start to play.
Is that something you would be happy to see Patrick?
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

resolved wrote:no need to download anything, it's all in the cloud :)
:lol:
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

::BLM:: wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Themis wrote:

what happens when the internet goes down?

CDJ is just a lot more reliable than the internet.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

This thread has inspired me to order a bunch of wax. :)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Themis wrote:

I'm not trying to stop the future, well I don't think I can at least...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

technically if something is "in" the cloud, you still have to download it ;-)

the more software is involved, all the more unreliable it gets.
USB-Sticks itself are not the most reliable thing, i had plenty even from good companys who just stopped working after some month.

but i guess reliability is not the reason why its not on the market.

if you have a lot of gigs it gets kind of annoying, one club has the newest stuff and you can download from the cloud, the next has only usb - so you have to have your things on usb, the next has only CDJ, and the last has only turntables so you need a laptop and traktor...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

@bateman

not every brain fart which is invented by the industry is "the future".
they try to sell devices so they invent a lot of things which we all desperately "need".

real inovation and improvement pretty much stopped after CDjs were invented, now all those shiny devices are old things with new clothes and some buttons ...

the same with this idea here, were is the real inovation in a USB Only player? you have to carry only 10 g insteal of 500 g CD Case? you save 3 minutes of your life with copying files over to a USB Stick rather than burning a CD?

its all just to sell more devices to a market who already has everything.. so they want to make us think we really need this new features..