Beatport has removed 3 latin american distributors

- open
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Beatport has removed 3 latin american distributors

Post by Dal-Tech »

jessejames wrote: People always harp on "new ideas" in dance music like it actually really happens that often. I haven't been taken aback by such an idea except maybe a few times a year and the first time I heard proper minimal tracks back in the early 2000's. I remember specifically the last time I was impressed by such an idea was when I heard the early Objekt releases. Who exactly is doing these groundbreaking new tracks? Everyone is doing spins on old ideas.

Almost everything has been done before. Granted. However if someone does those same old ideas in a "good" way then I'm cool with that. Who is REALLY making new sound generating modules? Look at all the hardware and software that has come out in the last two years. NONE of it is groundbreaking, really, even though a lot of it is GOOD. I mean the hottest sh!t right now is VSTs that emulate desks? C'mon.

I, personally, got sick of constantly searching for the newest sh!t. It gets old and it turned me into someone that had a hard time appreciating new music. I'd rather just take it in for what it is.

FFS the biggest new names in house/techno right now are all rehashing old styles!

For the record, I am a humongous nostalgic and yes, I would get down to a Wu-Tang sampled track. Or a Warren G sampled track. I would even make a track with those samples. Those albums/songs immediately transport me to a time when my life was much different and I connect with them on a level that cannot be done in other ways. That connection alone is enough to make me listen to and like them.
For me minimal techno would have been the 90s variety but I guess it all depends where you are from and when you got into the music. I noticed in NY from sites like RA people in NY are more open to the whole Berghain/Berlin thing then in other parts of the US. I'm not really a huge fan of newer school techno artist churining out older school sounding tracks but all that being said I think if your music is really good or at a very high standard it will be noticed by those who share the same taste.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
basecold
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Beatport has removed 3 latin american distributors

Post by basecold »

is this one any good?
would like to hear from ppl who've used it.

http://somecutzupaggregation.com