Post by ::BLM:: »

:idea:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Beatport has removed 3 latin american distributors

Post by patrick bateman »

Dal-Tech;

what you're writing is so far from the truth that it can be...
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

patrick bateman wrote:Dal-Tech;

what you're writing is so far from the truth that it can be...
Correct me where I'm wrong.

If you want to make Beatport style music this what you do:

HOW TO BEATPORT 101

All your music has to sound digital with an enhancer or sonic maximizer plug-in treating all your audio.
When you master your audio make it a wall of ear bleeding noise that's super bright like bosting the trebble on everything.
Make sure the music you make is contemporary, trendy. The type of music that everybody else is making.
It also has to be professionally composed with professional graphics.
Use other same sounding music as a template to compose your own tracks.
Try not to destroy your hearing with repeated lsitens.

Btw., I'm not being serious but you get my gist. ;)
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

You are right. All the Delsin labels follow that example, sorry.

;)

and from what I heard, it didn't actually have to do with sales regarding those distributors that got the sack.
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

In other news, my corner shop stopped selling Sun Pat peanut butter, now they sell Skippys instead.

Corporate bastards. -squint
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Dal-Tech wrote:
I think you have no shot of getting on Beatport unless you make the type of music that's on Beatport and a digital distrib that deals with them wants to carry you. Basically you have to be a sell out type person willing to make poor taste dance music. :D

If you are an untested artist or there is not a lot of demand for your music then your options are http://www.feiyr.com/
tunecore, bandcamp, ReverbNation, soundcloud etc.
There's plenty good music on Beatport too. Everyone goes on about "beatport music", and most of what's in the Top 10s/DJ charts/top 100s is crap, but that doesn't mean it's exclusively devoted to that sort of stuff.
pauliz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pauliz »

Mmm what to say.. Being Miniatura´s and Mischievous´label manager,...
1st i wanna thanxs to user hairblz for the sort of compliment..i personally keep up the netlabel project, releasing artists and my own stuff for free..cause for me its a very important thing, and part of the electronic music essence i found long time ago when i decided to get deeper into it, as many know also great artists of nowdays started netreleasing by then...

About the digital label we launched in 2008 and what i read from fugazi its true, anyway for these distributors like Miniatura Music contractual clauses werent respect 100% x e.g. about periods... .international trials cost entire properties!... as result we had to outsource it somewhere else, beatport also did few adjustments by ends of 2008 after european crisis,.. but nothing too serious like this messure of automatic putting down of labels, which wouldnt be like that if beatport wasnt controlling a great percentage of digital market... in a sort of disloyal competition situation, (thats the technic word i use in my country), and yeah we live between corporations, no matter which nationalities we have, thats capitalism by now
ALL THAT took us being moreless like 2 weeks off the store...but we´re back..
http://www.beatport.com/label/miniatura-records/8791
and also always up with the netlabel: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query ... publicdate

i wont have the bad taste of judging other´s job,
byebye, and good work and respect for EVERYONE
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

patrick bateman wrote:You are right. All the Delsin labels follow that example, sorry.

;)

and from what I heard, it didn't actually have to do with sales regarding those distributors that got the sack.
I'm going off what I've read researching music aggregators and don't share your taste in the Delsin label.

RA Forum: Beatport increases quality control, cuts labels

http://wearethemusicindustry.blogspot.c ... tport.html

In order to actually get on Beatport in the first place you'll either need to be:

An Established Artist with provable high volume sales

A Record label with an established roster of Artists

Signed to A record label or

Accessing them via one of the distributors such as Tunecore.

In the case of 4. Even THAT does not guarantee your access to Beatport. Beatport can reject your music if it doesn't live up to their editorial standards. But certainly if you're interested in setting up your own label and want to take on the financial and time burden that comes in tandem then it's the way to go.

Conversely Beatport's "Quality Control" actually works to your advantage. That they are culling labels naturally reduced competition, whilst it reassures the public that they are not getting a situation like on myspace where they could spend hours wading through tracks that simply aren't any good. From a marketing perspective this makes Beatport very attractive - the brand is a seal of "Quality". This also narrows it's marketing reach.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !