New CDJ2000s on the way?

- open
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: New CDJ2000s on the way?

Post by Phase Ghost »

hairblz wrote:is there no other turntable as good as technics?

dammit.
No.
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

STANTON ST-150 II this has snr >60db... :shock:
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

for example the stanton 150.

of course its not an exact copy, and yeah it feels different.

but a good DJ should have no problems with that turntable after a hour of playing.

the problem though is that in most clubs there are 1210, and its not that great if you have a turntable at home that feels different.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i remember having a gig in a small club.. when i came in i went to the booth and saw two stanton turntables(not the st.150 tho).. this was one of the most awful moments in my young life, i'm serious!

totally biased in this case cause i literally hate playing on turntables other than technics.
fir3
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fir3 »

my first ugly exp. with tt was after practicing with some numark belt drives at home and then playing on technics in the pub. you can guess how it went down.. :roll:
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

no matter what you do or say, nothing compares to a technic. its impossible, if you ask me.

the best thing that could happen is someone buys all of their design patents and copies them EXACTLY and makes a new version of the original, just under a new name. after that, the only hope most of us will have is that someone out there keeps making replacement parts. mine are long overdue for a tune-up, but i know that once i do, they'll last me another 12yrs.

all in all, i think people need not worry that turntables will die completely. vinyl hasn't, therefore turntables wont, especially for dj's.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i think the thing that makes technics feel so good is only that all of the parts are metal, so you are instantly biased if you see some plastic parts on other turntables.
and im amazed why not a single producer just uses metal parts like panasonic. they just all use plastic and it looks and feels pretty cheap even if they sell it for 500 euro..

but if you look on the technical side of things, the high priced turntables are definitly good enough, the engine is just way more powerfull (stanton: 4,5 kg drive / Technichs 1,5 kg drive) so it just feels different if you try to stop the vinyl or push it.

but if you spin for a while its good enough in every aspect.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

1210's just feel absolutely perfect in all ways :)