Beatport.com Problems + Any Alternatives?

- open
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Beatport.com Problems + Any Alternatives?

Post by hairblz »

Barfunkel wrote:If I were buying digital music I'd do it by listening to the clips on vinyl-oriented webstores like Juno, Decks, Piccadilly, Phonica etc. The good un's end up on vinyl anyway (my opinion, don't take it as the ultimate truth), why waste your time going through digital-only releases, when there's so many of them that you'll end up spending 10 hours a day on listening to crappy clips? Vinyl works as an ok quality filter, though there's of course tons of crap on vinyl too. The quality-quantity ratio is just a lot more manageable on vinyl, you can actually listen to practically all the releases from a few genres, without spending that 10 hours a day.
+1

I love the decks.de techno selection policy, for the most part, quite a lot of dubby beats. Pretty neat subgenres, and you can speed/slow tracks :D
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

tone-def wrote:the problem with doing that is you end hearing all the vinyl only stuff and get frustrated when you can't find it digitally.
yeah, I noticed this! darn it.
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

tsankip wrote:Sometimes traxsource has some stuff that the others don't have.
I'm not too botherd finding tracks that other people don't have, If I think something is a good record regardless of it's popularity I'll buy it as I like to own tracks that I enjoy as I like to listne to them, I might not necessarily put it into a mix CD for posterity, but I'll certainly play it on my radio show.
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

hairblz wrote:
Barfunkel wrote:If I were buying digital music I'd do it by listening to the clips on vinyl-oriented webstores like Juno, Decks, Piccadilly, Phonica etc. The good un's end up on vinyl anyway (my opinion, don't take it as the ultimate truth), why waste your time going through digital-only releases, when there's so many of them that you'll end up spending 10 hours a day on listening to crappy clips? Vinyl works as an ok quality filter, though there's of course tons of crap on vinyl too. The quality-quantity ratio is just a lot more manageable on vinyl, you can actually listen to practically all the releases from a few genres, without spending that 10 hours a day.
+1

I love the decks.de techno selection policy, for the most part, quite a lot of dubby beats. Pretty neat subgenres, and you can speed/slow tracks :D
Is that a vinyl only site then or do they sell mp3 / wav?
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

spage wrote: Is that a vinyl only site then or do they sell mp3 / wav?
It's vinyl/cd only.

Aye, you hear a lot of stuff that you can't get, but you also hear stuff that you can get, and stuff you will be able to get in a week or two. And even if you can't get the track itself, you often find new interesting artists/labels.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

also, never search via genres. It's better to use good labels and search for other labels the artist release music on.
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

Kiani - Yeah, i do that method too.
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

Kiani wrote:also, never search via genres. It's better to use good labels and search for other labels the artist release music on.
i also use your method by default, but i have to say that if you don't browse the genres, you're really missing out on a lot of good sh!t, good sh!t that you wouldn't find because its in no way related to the sh!t that you know about already, other than by genre.