What season of the year do you associate dub techno with?

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

What season of the year do you associate dub techno with?

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Just a question...

If you were to associate the dub techno genre with a particular season of the year, what season would that be and what country are you from? Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall? As a further extension of this inquiry.. would you regard this kind of music as a reflection of a deep solemnness, or an enjoyment that such solemnness might require, or perhaps you view it as a heralding from the well of life from which new life new does spring?

I have felt a multitude of ways regarding the music and so I am curious about the ways others have experienced it. I have heard some people complain that it all sounds the same (ie some particular dub stab or whatever) but to me that sounds like a moot argument. Its like an uninitiated person saying that techno, house, breaks, dnb and dubstep sounds like the same bunch of gobbledygook. There is a lot more depth than people are willing to give it credit for. What is your interpretation of this music?

Hmm, I seemed to have diverged from the opening Subject of the post but never the less if you could reduce your interpretation of dub techno to a season what would it be? If you have a deeper insight please share.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: What season of the year do you associate dub tecno with?

Post by Themis »

hm season is hard, i would say its definitly a night thing.

starring out of the window at night with a great view of the town and stars and many lights .. that fits for me :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: What season of the year do you associate dub techno with

Post by tone-def »

i would say it's autumn. it can sound warm or cold and those tape delay sounds decay and distort like the vegetation in that time of year.
headband
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by headband »

to me it's not really a season, more of a mood or vibe (*)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

it may not be a season to you but thats not really getting into the spirt of this thread.
it's not something i've thought about before. i can enjoy dub techno at any time of year.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Winter for sure. Driving around at night with some light snow falling and deepchord coming through the speakers.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Icy cold winter weather is my favourite time to listen to my dub vinyls at home.
Bat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bat »

i will vote for Winter