- open
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Luciano prepares new mix cd

Post by New Guy »

Del wrote:
New Guy wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:I like people in the DJ booth, makes it more fun.
I agree, the energy is different. And at the end of the day people should see the dj have fun behind the decks.
I would suggest that it's more important to hear the DJ play good music and create good energy that way rather than see him mince around having fun with a bunch of groupies and hangers on. But I guess everyone is different.
You are right. That is essentially what it is supposed to be about but it is not. I would say your opinion is the opinion of a small minority. The majority of the audience want to see the DJ have fun, perform, put on a show, interact, etc etc...
Just the music is not enough. It is supposed to be an event.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i go to music events for the music. i didn't realise i was in the minority with that.
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mehta »

Yep, fortunately or not you are in a minority oblio. There is a lot more to consider when throwing events than the music.

When we started it was just about the sets (which were all pretty good - homemade electronics/prepared instruments, mostly some pretty abstract stuff - I bet you would have fit right in). Fluorescent overhead lights, no bar, pretty obscure vibe. Still doing those events quite regularly as it is pretty easy once you know a lot of people doing stuff. but parties are different. Dance music needs the right crowd vibe to be meaningful. People go out for lots of reasons: although a good soundtrack is necessary for a fun night there are other factors.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

mehta wrote:Yep, fortunately or not you are in a minority oblio. There is a lot more to consider when throwing events than the music.

When we started it was just about the sets (which were all pretty good - homemade electronics/prepared instruments, mostly some pretty abstract stuff - I bet you would have fit right in). Fluorescent overhead lights, no bar, pretty obscure vibe. Still doing those events quite regularly as it is pretty easy once you know a lot of people doing stuff. but parties are different. Dance music needs the right crowd vibe to be meaningful. People go out for lots of reasons: although a good soundtrack is necessary for a fun night there are other factors.
I'm still not sure where loading the DJ box with groupies and hangers on tie into this though?
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

I like a few people in the booth, but not 50 or so, that's just retarded. but two or three friends, that's always nice, you don't feel so "alienated" from the rest of the crowd.
If it was up to me I'd ban those huge dj stages where you stand 20 meters away and above the crowd, that just makes me a very very sad man when I am playing at such a place. But I guess I've always loved the smaller places more where you can have a chat with people or have some more interaction.

as for Luciano: sure it looks daft with all the sunglasses and the nobodies trying to look like somebody, but he's just about the only one who can make me dance like crazy on this kind of music. Heard him two times in Ibiza and that simply fits perfectly. You're in open air, sun on your face, cocktail in hand, gorgeous women all around, the last thing you are thinking about is "I wish they'd play some dark, depressing minimal techno here, that would be ace".

For eevry venue there's a right kinda music. luciano belongs in the open air summer vibes. And the man has a lot of fun doing his job and he doesn't take himself serious at all (he was actually reposting that "luciano cadenza dance" everywhere) so he has a sense of humor. Unlike many serious chin stroking bearded music fans :)
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

bang on Psytox- Agree completely...
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

PsyTox wrote: as for Luciano: sure it looks daft with all the sunglasses and the nobodies trying to look like somebody, but he's just about the only one who can make me dance like crazy on this kind of music. Heard him two times in Ibiza and that simply fits perfectly. You're in open air, sun on your face, cocktail in hand, gorgeous women all around, the last thing you are thinking about is "I wish they'd play some dark, depressing minimal techno here, that would be ace".

For eevry venue there's a right kinda music. luciano belongs in the open air summer vibes. And the man has a lot of fun doing his job and he doesn't take himself serious at all (he was actually reposting that "luciano cadenza dance" everywhere) so he has a sense of humor. Unlike many serious chin stroking bearded music fans :)
i could never dance to this tool house crap where every track sounds like the other synced with cheesy vocals from the 80's.. that's unambitious cheap music which doesn't get better just because it's an open air party or a party on ibiza with lots of girls around.. and there is definitely something between this stuff and dark, depressing minimal techno..
i guess you never heard him closing dc10 back then cause that fitted perfectly :D