Have you read this? Unfortunately it's true

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Have you read this? Unfortunately it's true

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

ah, nevermind, I was kind of looking at the comment from a singular perspective where I presumed you were the promoter. Now I see that you mean to say that you paid to see him as a consumer... still... even as a club/party patron I would be pretty pissed off. I would still want a full value refund out of that guy pocket if I ever met him.
ivanfu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ivanfu »

It isn't common over here either but it happens, for example in BoderNoise 2008 (which was a festival held in my city). Soulwax was going to play and right after 2manyDj's was supposed to close the festival, soulwax played but 2manyDJ's did not. ??? Two of the members of soulwax are 2manyDJ's. We never got an explanation from the promoter. Instead some locals closed the festival.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

Themis wrote:never happend to me, never heard of that in Austria, or Germany or any other big Festival in Europe .. maybe an american problem?
I've never been dumb enough to let that happen to me, but In colorado, the last 4 years I can recall some close calls. Most recently Troy Pierce called in sick the day of and said flight delay in Mexico. Same happened for Heartthrob a year before the day of party supposed to play live with Troy, said got the flu in Los Angeles. Miniilogue cancelled America tour 2 years ago. We found out like a day before. Radioslave this year cancelled a party 2 days before. Joel Mull recently a few days before. The list goes on. Never been to a party tho and expect the person I'm seeing no show. If this happens to you, you obviously aren't connected in your own scene?
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

We threw a party and the board's own 'Cloutier' couldn't make it - he was detained by customs due to visa issues and shipped back to Berlin.
sh!t happens. DJs are just real people doing exceptional jobs - they get sick, they have personal problems and they get a hard time at the airport.. as a promoter there's nothing you can do.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

It's happened in Toronto a few times, but usually the promoters / DJs are good about it. More often than not, there is some issue with visa / border / customs / weather that prevents a DJ from getting there. In most cases, if the promoters know far enough in advance they will update their event listings / etc, offer reduced cover for that night, honor ticket holders and give them free cover to the make-up show if/when it happens.

Although, I remember once going to go see Cari Lekebush. He couldn't make it, and a really small sign was posted near the front door - I had missed it and payed cover, but my friend noticed the sign and was "Hey, he's not here tonight."

Thankfully the guy at the door gave me my money back, but he was confused because "It was only electronic music, not stuff with lyrics that you could like, sing along to and stuff".
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

...so has anyone ever actually seen Zomby? ;)