RA top 100 lists

- open
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: RA top 100 2011

Post by roland »

Hutch wrote: The comments were a great read at work today.
one of my favourites
so what you're telling me is that most of you prefer jamie jones over artists like.... Dettmann or Villalobos or Fred P DJ Qu Petre Inspirescu, Kerri Chandler Dj Koze DVS1 Zip Raresh and wheres Sandwell District? speaking of putting in work those guys have been on point for like the past 15yrs i can go on for days... just a word of advice to all u boneheads who made this sh!t list happen... DO A LITTLE HOMEWORK. dont believe the hype.. listen to the music for yourself not by what is shoved in your face by PR and booking agencies.. jamie jones.. the lady gaga of tech house. no thank you. i mean madame hollywood by miss kitten in his fabric cd.. f*ck was that about? what am i gay and 16? i really cant take that trash seriously or this list for that matter.. guys do a little homework and lets try again next year. sometimes that person who says the truth sounds like an arrogant dck. thats because the truth sometimes hurts and is inarguable... so pls spare me the bullcrap
but i can understand that some people feel offended.. it's the inflationary use of the word DJ.. everyone is a dj today no matter what the fck you are doing, if music comes out of the speakers you are a DJ..

this list is basically a summary of artists with the most publicity during the last year.. why they call it "Top Dj Poll" is beyond me..
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

i was suprised Mr Skull Disco wasnt in there
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

or jus-ed, fred p, dj qu...
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

tsankip wrote:or jus-ed, fred p, dj qu...

let them be 'underground', that's where the good things happen.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: RA top 100 lists

Post by Hutch »

"Crosstown Rebels is the new m_nus. People are so going to hate them in a couple of years, if not the next year."

I disagree sorta. Damian has a knack of staying relevant. Go listen to the first 20 crosstown rebel releases. Kind of get everything with CRM.

Just for the record, I'm not a huge Jamie Jones fan, but when he was here last in Denver, he was super nice and played a really good set. And his set at DEMF '09 was real fun to. Doesn't make him number 1 to me, but obviously the RA users voted and he influenced the most fans that voted. Can't hate on that.

And also I think it's a sign of the times. Younger artists becoming more popular with the younger generation. Makes sense. Love it or leave it. But old DJ's are getting old. Old sounds are getting older. It's about the next generation :)
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

Hutch wrote:"Crosstown Rebels is the new m_nus. People are so going to hate them in a couple of years, if not the next year."

I disagree sorta. Damian has a knack of staying relevant. Go listen to the first 20 crosstown rebel releases. Kind of get everything with CRM.

LOL!!!

Just for the record, I'm not a huge Jamie Jones fan, but when he was here last in Denver, he was super nice and played a really good set. And his set at DEMF '09 was real fun to. Doesn't make him number 1 to me, but obviously the RA users voted and he influenced the most fans that voted. Can;t hate on that.

And also I think it's a sign of the times. Younger artists becoming more popular with the younger generation. Makes sense. Love it or leave it.
his set at demf ´09 with lazarus at old miami was not bad but boring. average house selection without energy. i was happy when the djs changed. he only got nr.1 for his productions and the promotion. so this list shows what 2011 was really all about. it´s a shame.
techno made me do it
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

deccard wrote:
Hutch wrote:"Crosstown Rebels is the new m_nus. People are so going to hate them in a couple of years, if not the next year."

LOL!!!

Just for the record, I'm not a huge Jamie Jones fan, but when he was here last in Denver, he was super nice and played a really good set. And his set at DEMF '09 was real fun to. Doesn't make him number 1 to me, but obviously the RA users voted and he influenced the most fans that voted. Can;t hate on that.

And also I think it's a sign of the times. Younger artists becoming more popular with the younger generation. Makes sense. Love it or leave it.
his set at demf ´09 with lazarus at old miami was not bad but boring. average house selection without energy. i was happy when the djs changed. he only got nr.1 for his productions and the promotion. so this list shows what 2011 was really all about. it´s a shame.
business as usual I would say ...
rcnt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rcnt »

This list is way better then DJ MAG but some artists are missing, for example Umek