RA top 100 lists

- open
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: RA top 100 lists

Post by blizt »

Hutch wrote:And also I think it's a sign of the times. Younger artists becoming more popular with the younger generation. Makes sense. Love it or leave it. But old DJ's are getting old. Old sounds are getting older. It's about the next generation :)
Then we are already fucked up. All this new wave deep house and bland tech house is really annoying me. So boring.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

blizt wrote:
Hutch wrote:And also I think it's a sign of the times. Younger artists becoming more popular with the younger generation. Makes sense. Love it or leave it. But old DJ's are getting old. Old sounds are getting older. It's about the next generation :)
Then we are already fucked up. All this new wave deep house and bland tech house is really annoying me. So boring.
nah we're not fucked.. it's like kiani said, our heros become underground again^^
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

The RA lists tends to reflect what has been 'trendy' for that year.

When the minus sound/minimal was all the rage, the list reflected that. This year is reflecting the 'trends' of this year. This isn't the 'Best and most influential DJs of all time!' its more 'Who was making waves THIS year.'

And any top-poll that relies on user votes, is going to have of a 'popularity contest' factor to it. Given the sub-scene of electronic music that RA tends to focus on, their readership and what is currently trendy,I can't say that much on the list (or omission) is a big surprise.

Cant say that I agree with everything on the list, but not really surprised either.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

No.43 - Bill Oddie.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

shypht wrote:The RA lists tends to reflect what has been 'trendy' for that year.

When the minus sound/minimal was all the rage, the list reflected that. This year is reflecting the 'trends' of this year. This isn't the 'Best and most influential DJs of all time!' its more 'Who was making waves THIS year.'

And any top-poll that relies on user votes, is going to have of a 'popularity contest' factor to it. Given the sub-scene of electronic music that RA tends to focus on, their readership and what is currently trendy,I can't say that much on the list (or omission) is a big surprise.

Cant say that I agree with everything on the list, but not really surprised either.
well said.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

patrick bateman wrote:business as usual I would say ...
Quoted for truth.........

The live is up btw now to:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1420

Lets the crying continue!! QQ :)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

What I potsed on RA:

loving how the fans of the "old" heroes are suddenly waking up in the new world where the Laurent Garniers and so on are finally reaching that point where they are replaced by the new generation. Not to disrespect them, but you can't expect young people to keep on applauding the dudes of +45 who we worshipped. Young people want their own heroes.

I for one love this list, Ben Klock, Dettmann, Maya Jane Cole, Solomun, Weatherall, etc etc... Times are a-changing and it's long overdue that dance music sees a "changing of the guards". Very long overdue.

(and yes, i know weatherall is not a young new guy, but that list I make are my personal favourites. Just wanted to state that, because people on RA seemed to have a hard time reading without pointing the obvious out) :)
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

PsyTox wrote:loving how the fans of the "old" heroes are suddenly waking up in the new world where the Laurent Garniers and so on are finally reaching that point where they are replaced by the new generation. Not to disrespect them, but you can't expect young people to keep on applauding the dudes of +45 who we worshipped. Young people want their own heroes.
Well said.