mnml maxi

Top 5 worlds least douchey DJs

Post by Hutch »

Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Top 5 worlds least douchey DJs

Post by Hutch »

Pretty awesome. Not sure why this hasn't been shared here yet. Techno and house DJ's 4tw :)
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Good stuff. The jury's probably out on Seth Troxler, and I'm sure Umek's a nice guy when you look past how much worse his music's got since the 90s, but it's nice to see a positive equivalent of the "most douchey" article!
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

so if you raise money for the poor and attend some benefit events you are not a douchey DJ?
tell me one big DJ who never attended such events?
thats the most useless qualification i could think of.
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

least, -smurf i could name 100 douche dj (-)
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Themis wrote:so if you raise money for the poor and attend some benefit events you are not a douchey DJ?
I don't know man... it said that Jay Haze donated 100 000 euros from his Fabric mix cd to some African orphans... sounds pretty undouchey to me. Let me tell you... you will never hear a headline like that attached to me. Donate 100 000 euros to some African orphans when it could be clogging up my pocket? Not on your life. :D then again... if that money was not pledged to that cause then who knows how much it would have brought in otherwise.
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:
Themis wrote:so if you raise money for the poor and attend some benefit events you are not a douchey DJ?
I don't know man... it said that Jay Haze donated 100 000 euros from his Fabric mix cd to some African orphans... sounds pretty undouchey to me. Let me tell you... you will never hear a headline like that attached to me. Donate 100 000 euros to some African orphans when it could be clogging up my pocket? Not on your life. :D then again... if that money was not pledged to that cause then who knows how much it would have brought in otherwise.
Wow, does he really make this much from a Fabric mix CD? That means if he were to sell 100.000 copies of his mix CD he would receive 1 euro for every CD sold. I have no clue about this stuff, but I can't imagine he would sell 100.000 copies. Or does a DJ typically receive a lot more for every release sold?
How much it precisely is, still a nice gesture ofcourse!
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Maybe one 0 too many...