Who are some great people to follow on soundcloud

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Who are some great people to follow on soundcloud

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Ya, I am mostly looking for tracks although I am open to good sets too. The other day I was thinking that I don't listen to sets often enough... There are just to many tracks to listen to! :) I should expand my horizons a bit... putting some thought into it now... I don't think I have listened to a downloaded set in at least 9 months or something. I download new music every few days a week though.

By the way... Maiyal, I really like what you did with that Strawberry Blue Feather track. I read the comments and was surprised to read that the acapella was just some amateur ripped from youtube Inspires me to go digging around youtube for some acapellas to work with. :D Nice work!

Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Ingemar wrote:
true, but to me the download option is getting less and less important since i have gotten a smartphone with the sc-app
Yeah that's true. I still like having the tracks on my HD though, as most people take them down after a certain time/you won't remember the name of the track etc. I wish I had a smartphone, but I can't afford one atm.
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:By the way... Maiyal, I really like what you did with that Strawberry Blue Feather track. I read the comments and was surprised to read that the acapella was just some amateur ripped from youtube Inspires me to go digging around youtube for some acapellas to work with. :D Nice work!
Thanks mate! It's usually a bit difficult finding acapellas in good enough quality. I had to go through quite a few with a lot of random noises, microphone hiss and computer fan sounds. It's a lot of fun though, piecing it together with the track you're working on. I think the results are more interesting with amateur singers as well, as it likely won't sound crystal clear and may have a few parts that are slightly off. It adds authenticity, if that makes sense.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

you can follow me if you want!
quelquechose
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by quelquechose »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:I was wondering who are some great people to follow on soundcloud that offer free downloads? Sometimes I find great music on soundcloud but it always seems to happen by chance or the person makes a post somewhere and I just happen to read it... again, chance more or less.

So if you think you know someone who allows downloads on soundcloud that you think is worth checking out or following put it right here.

P.S. Personally I am mostly interested in house and dubtechno at the moment but all types are welcomed.
Why do think that asking for tips on music for free is not making you look like a beggar?
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

quelquechose wrote:
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:I was wondering who are some great people to follow on soundcloud that offer free downloads? Sometimes I find great music on soundcloud but it always seems to happen by chance or the person makes a post somewhere and I just happen to read it... again, chance more or less.

So if you think you know someone who allows downloads on soundcloud that you think is worth checking out or following put it right here.

P.S. Personally I am mostly interested in house and dubtechno at the moment but all types are welcomed.
Why do think that asking for tips on music for free is not making you look like a beggar?
A beggar? Well, no, I can't really say that I see it like that at all. What you are doing is illuminating your small mined viewpoint on musical consumption and distribution. First off, the fact that you equate my inquiry regarding good music worth checking out that also happens to be free with being beggar-like shows two things... you view music which is not a commercial commodity has being lesser in value and if someone would like to be introduced to that music then they are to be equated to some kind of street urchin. Second, what do you have against beggars? Your post makes some kind of implication that I should be ashamed to look like a beggar. Some people are beggars because they have no choice and perhaps are in desperate situations. I have seen desperately poor people in poor countries beg because they were malnourished and impoverished... I can't really begrudge them that. Personally I wouldn't have the spine to stand in the street and beg for money. I would rather be mugging intoxicated partiers stumbling out of a club at 3 am rather than beg. I would turn to crime before I would turn to begging. No word of a lie.

Besides... its like if I was hanging out with a friend who was also in the same music I was into... We would be talking about interesting music we came across lately... particularly if it was free... because that is what people who are into music do. I don't really need to ask around about what the latest commercial releases are... I can just look it up on beatport, juno, wpp or whatever. They have a button for that. Netlabels and independent stuff is a little harder to come by. I don't know what kind of people you hang out with but free stuff is always good in the circles I move in... we are not trying to impress each other with how much money we spend.

I am not really sure you even realize just how consumer minded your judgment of me is. You should get your head out of your ass for a minutes... perhaps smell the roses. Could be nice for a change. Free music is the best because the people who are making it are doing it with good intentions. They want you to listen to it and I want to listen to it so its just a matter of connecting the dots. Its like that 6 degrees of separation thing.

If anything else at least it might generate some discussion on the forum which will provide some interesting leads on undiscovered artist.

So there, call me a beggar if you like. I don't really know what to tell you except you are confused about the nature of the beast.
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

quelquechose wrote:Why do think that asking for tips on music for free is not making you look like a beggar?
sh!t, I'll remember the next time I ask my mates if they've heard any good tunes lately that I am in fact no better than the guy sitting on the street with his paper cup...
Cha0s By Design
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cha0s By Design »

R_co is definetely my favorite, but I'm always looking for new people to follow!

and hello. I am new here :)
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Hello, and welcome to the forum. If you cant find anything on soundcloud I would suggest you check out the netlabel section of this forum. It sometimes takes a bit of digging but there there is gold in them thar hills!