What DID Richie Hawtin actually do?

- open
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Hutch wrote:Uhh you got it wrong this what was really said:

"As I walked down the street in Berlin last night I remembered a picture of myself pulling records and it sparked off nostalgic thoughts of when people used to not judge me.

I never imagined the outpouring of emotions and comments from realizing that most DJ"s still use Vinyl and/or other methods to actually beatmatch. My apologies to myself and anyone who took my comments personally - it was my intention to suggest that 4 decks on Traktor takes a lot less skill and preparation when I play out over 300 times a year.

It's a dislike for actual beatmatching that drove my comment, only Ricardo and Papa Sven and most of my other "friends" still use the archaic form of mixing a + b. Twenty years ago when I first started DJing my sets were actually exciting and inspiring (as much as any of you now starting for the first time playing Traktor on 4 is way easier and guarentees sucess). Respect to everyone who finds happiness and inspiration keeping it real and actually still DJ's... But for me - personally - I enjoy the challenges that I find in pushing the same button every 3 minutes: technologies that continue to make things easier and reduce actual skills inspire my creativity.

I used to have creative ideas in my head that didn't involve a cube or my Richly Hawtin clothing line. Each of us have the freedom to think we are still relevant. We can use a computer, some clothes, a cube or whatever instrument to make things a lot easier and make a shitload more money. For me, as everyone use to know, the turntable has been replaced by tech house & other crappy mnimal that I use today to make a buck.

But as I said, that's just my opinion...

I'm Rich"
:lol: :P
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: What DID Richie Hawtin actually do?

Post by patrick bateman »

Maiyal wrote:
kristofason wrote:what did the comments say on the the facebook page? Were people kissing his arse or against his comment?

Most were kissing his a$$, though there were a few people defending vinyl.
not true. Most were 'defending' vinyl, calling Hawtin bad names, and even tell him he should die.

I was shocked to see so much childish and stupid comments from people on such a picture, that was posted as a joke.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah im also shocked how much childish and stupid comments get posted everyday on facebook, its like anybody could make an account.

btw: people who have 100.000 of followers just shouldnt "joke" in public. thats common sense.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:btw: people who have 100.000 of followers just shouldn't "joke" in public. thats common sense.
oh really? That's probably the best BS I head today, thank you for a good laugh.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

haha, and why is it BS? its common sense that if thousands watch every word you say, you dont joke around or you will earn exactly what richi got, thousands of hate comments.

maybe if you are paris hilton and need the media coverage :)
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

patrick bateman wrote:
Maiyal wrote:
kristofason wrote:what did the comments say on the the facebook page? Were people kissing his arse or against his comment?

Most were kissing his a$$, though there were a few people defending vinyl.
not true. Most were 'defending' vinyl, calling Hawtin bad names, and even tell him he should die.

I was shocked to see so much childish and stupid comments from people on such a picture, that was posted as a joke.

Not at the time when I checked the comments. 8)

But yeah, I'd say that's taking it too far for sure.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Hutch wrote:#OCCUPY ITCHY RAWTIN!

classic!!!
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

somehow... that does look like hawtin. lol.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest