The track called Hidden Depth

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

The track called Hidden Depth

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I know this post might be better suited to the 'music requests' section but pretty much every post pretty much exclusively looks for some track names from big name dj sets.

I downloaded a track a few weeks ago but it has no artist listed. If anyone has downloaded it as well and knows the label/artist/release number I would be grateful if you could share it. I got it from the netlabel section. I would have posted there but non release posts seem non existent so I would be hesitant to break the unspoken law.

It was called "Hidden Depth.mp3"

I like the format -> (label / release) Artist - Track Name (Remixer)

This track I downloaded is only called Hidden Depth and that is all. Pretty much useless in my opinion. It was probably from a release but I deleted the rest. I only keep what I like. I went to rename it to my system the other day but I could not figure out who the releasers were. To make matters worse they didn't fill out the ID3 tags properly so there is no information about anything really.

This is one of the reasons I hate apple. Basing everything off ID3 tags encourages BS naming practices. A track name like Groove.mp3 doesn't mean sh!t if it is not contained within a folder with a name of the release.

Even if you design a release to have an Apple centric approach it should be noted that listing the artist/label/remixer/trackname in the file name can't hurt you in the least. Naming a file name with only the name of the track is next to useless... especially if you do not properly fill out the ID3 Tags.

If you too have downloaded this track recently and know the detail please share :D

TBH... this very frustration makes me want to delete it and say fck this guy
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: The track called Hidden Depth

Post by Maiyal »

Yeah I hate when that happens. I've been trying to keep an eye out for tracks named "drumsfinalmasterversion57.mp3" and rename them while I can. This happens a lot when downloading free tracks from soundcloud. I think people don't know that the file has to be properly named in order for it to have the right name when people download it. Some people might just not care, some might be too lazy. I think it's mainly people not knowing about it though. Can't help you with that track though, sorry. Best of luck to you.