increasing creativity........ without lsd -_-

- open
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: increasing creativity........ without lsd -_-

Post by Del »

hnrk303 wrote:@del

sounds interesting. for how long have you been meditating? how did you work your way into it? and how often do you meditate?

well autogenic training involves simple relaxation and body awareness exercises. These reduce the intensity of the body's stress response, and replace it with a calmer physiological state in which self-healing naturally begins to occur.

The basic AT exercises focus on various physical manifestations of relaxation in the body: heaviness in the musculo-skeletal system and warmth in the circulatory system (*). These are followed by awareness of the heartbeat, breathing, the abdomen and a cool forehead.

Advanced AT excercises contain visualisations of object like boxes, triangles etc.

Its said that it takes like a year to learn it.
Not too long and I don't have a formal practice but looking back I guess I always have in one way or another been doing it. Whether it's listening to music alone or taking the dogs for a walk I think it's important to be in a contemplative state of mind -- not lost in the future or the past but being aware of the present. Constant contemplation is a way of being in the world whereas meditation can become compartmentalised. Of course it still has its benefits.

Those AT exercises you mentioned just sound to me like meditation, if not a more slightly complicated version. I find watching the breath, following it in and out is sufficient (mindfulness with breathing). It almost sounds too easy? Try it. It's not easy but it becomes easier with practice (as does everything).
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

Del wrote:Without a doubt meditation will help with creativity. A quiet mind invites inspiration and ideas will come to you more freely. It's important to know that the drugs in themselves don't add anything to you but simply remove the blocks so you can experience your true self. Daily meditation has countless benefits.

I spent 10 days at a silent retreat in Thailand not so long ago. It was at a forest, Buddhist monastery and we were given detailed instructions on a daily basis by the monks on how to meditate or to put it another way, quiet the mind. After a few days I noted an increase in clear, creative ideas. They would come spontaneously, fully formed ideas in areas I'd never even thought about before. Not just musically but in many areas of life. Better than any LSD trip I ever had ;)

I have to ask though, what is "autogenic training" ?
wow thats sick... must have been very special experiences .. its the best the best feeling to have a clear relaxed mind..
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Everyday read some article or book (in print format) for at least two hours!
Not skim read, but really put your mind to it and read it properly!
Works wonders!
-ex
:!:

that being said, only very few people actually do this.
Utopian82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Utopian82 »

Before I start the day (as lame as it may sound :) ) I use the Paul Mckenna's hypnotherapy cd's which puts me in a really relaxed state. Considering I become really agitated when I make music it helps quite a bit. I also take breaks every couple of hours or so, but never thought about meditating at those times. Will certainly try it!!
Funnily enough, a mate of mine has just started smoking (*) to help him make music. Not sure he's going to stick to that, just in case he gets a bit too comfortable with it. :D