Blatant sampling. Good? bad? Or fun?

- open
Post Reply
User avatar
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 2689
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:41 am

Re: Blatant sampling. Good? bad? Or fun?

Post by hydrogen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:39 pm


grouping this one with those first two.

even better reason not to sample and definitely not use sample cd's.

Edit: wow... i didn't even get to the space jam clusterfuck horrifying!!!!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

User avatar
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:57 pm
Location: germany
Contact:

Re: Blatant sampling. Good? bad? Or fun?

Post by deccard » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:19 pm

cloutier wrote:fyi...99% sure that "just close your eyes" sample is from the doors, and its been used to death at least 20 times. there's so many versions of the hard techno track by gecko it makes my brain hurt.
didnt know that but it sounds like taken directly from the accapella i posted (and it´s easy to get on the net)...
dont think the guy who did that shitty track sampled the original.
techno made me do it

User avatar
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 2541
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:58 pm
Location: berlin, germany
Contact:

Re: Blatant sampling. Good? bad? Or fun?

Post by cloutier » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:02 pm

deccard wrote:
cloutier wrote:fyi...99% sure that "just close your eyes" sample is from the doors, and its been used to death at least 20 times. there's so many versions of the hard techno track by gecko it makes my brain hurt.
didnt know that but it sounds like taken directly from the accapella i posted (and it´s easy to get on the net)...
dont think the guy who did that shitty track sampled the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izbfr_UT ... age#t=316s


i can't find the exact sample they use, but its definitely jim morrison.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier

::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 2630
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: London

Re: Blatant sampling. Good? bad? Or fun?

Post by ::BLM:: » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:50 pm

hydrogen wrote:
grouping this one with those first two.

even better reason not to sample and definitely not use sample cd's.

Edit: wow... i didn't even get to the space jam clusterfuck horrifying!!!!

that last one I suppose he could have cleared the samples. hasn't carl craig shouted someone down before for doing it?

User avatar
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:20 am
Location: Montreal, Canada.

Re: Blatant sampling. Good? bad? Or fun?

Post by LouisVee » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:06 am

the track 'Play One' by Peter Horrevorts (sample: http://www.beatport.com/#release/births ... -ep/386739)

a blatant sampling of :

That's just stupid. He added a pumping kick and bassline and... that's it...

The kind of track we could all produce in 10 minutes...

User avatar
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:57 pm
Location: germany
Contact:

Re: Blatant sampling. Good? bad? Or fun?

Post by deccard » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:45 pm

cloutier wrote:
deccard wrote:
cloutier wrote:fyi...99% sure that "just close your eyes" sample is from the doors, and its been used to death at least 20 times. there's so many versions of the hard techno track by gecko it makes my brain hurt.
didnt know that but it sounds like taken directly from the accapella i posted (and it´s easy to get on the net)...
dont think the guy who did that shitty track sampled the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izbfr_UT ... age#t=316s


i can't find the exact sample they use, but its definitely jim morrison.

hehe nice. sounds like jim.
techno made me do it

lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: Blatant sampling. Good? bad? Or fun?

Post by lem » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:42 pm

My record collection is completely made up of remixes of 'Sweet Dreams'

User avatar
Robot Criminal
mnml mdrtr
mnml mdrtr
Posts: 2561
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:30 pm
Location: Est0n14

Re: Blatant sampling. Good? bad? Or fun?

Post by Robot Criminal » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:40 pm

deccard wrote:...and it sounds together like a giraffe having sex with a frog.
hahaha, but methinks it depends somewhat of the context - if you'd take this as a live mashup made on 3 turntables in the club it'd be kind of cool wouldn't it?
But making and selling this as a track just makes me laugh and/or sad.
What an epic idiot trying to fake it with these "milestones" -squint
(or maybe it was ment to be a joke?)

I just maxed out the ram on my mpc, sampled old Estonian progressive rock and turned it to some fuckweird minimal guduro :lol:
Theres sampling for you - fun.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...

Post Reply