Little known netlabel producers with big talent

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Little known netlabel producers with big talent

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I wanted to start a thread about little known producers with great talents... to start things off I would like to recognize one of my favourite producers Kondencuotas Pienas. I have been digging this guy's tunes for years but I have to admit I didn't understand the lyrics in some of his music for quite some time. There was one track which I found particularly uplifting.... so much so! For this song I liked in particular I Googled some of the words in the name and realized they were Lithuanian in origin. I just loved this song so I sent the lyrics to a friend of mine who is from Lithuania and she translated them for me. It turned out to be a beautiful song which borrowed lyrics from an 18th century Lithuanian poem about snow elegantly falling. Very nice music. This producer has lots of great tunes and I consider him to be one of the greatest netlabel producers I have ever had the luck to come across. Not much minimal though... only a few tracks... mostly DnB/IDM but I am putting him up because never the less out of all my netlabel music I enjoy many of his tunes the best.

I hope some people put up their little known netlabel favourites too! (but hopefully not themselves :P)

http://www.kondencuotaspienas.lt/

PS. I only call him little known because I have not heard of him much. It could be that he is well known in his circles but I am not within that circle unfortunately. His tunes are fantastic.

Update: OMG... as I went to his old website I just now found that it is now totally different, integrated with soundcloud, and is now pay for his new music... damn. So much respect has just gone down the drain. He is just a businessman now, like the rest of music producers. Oh well, you can still find many good classics listed here and there on the website for free, listed under portfolio. Now there is only one artist on my list of superb electronic musicians who release their music for free. Sad times. I can't say why but as soon as a producer starts charging money for the music they want to share it just makes the music worthless to me. It is more special when it is music that is being shared than some reproduction that I purchased.

Not that I blame him or anything... everyone wants to make a buck... its just that when you find something you really like and its free it just special... like oxygen... or water in the near future!

EDIT: Another few songs I like from him.. there are more tracks to be found too... fyi. the originals sound so much better. I love when these tunes kick in when I am out on a long hard cycling trip or a run long enough to generate a runners high. (10+ km runs... dont do that often enough these days :? )

tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Little known netlabel producers with big talent

Post by tone-def »

all the guys on alt recordings. i wouldn't release it if i didn't like them.

i don't mind if i have to pay for music. i love vinyl so expect to pay for music.
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

all the Sublime Porte artists. http://www.sublimeporte.net
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

Ok, this chap isn't so much a netlabel but the principle is pretty much the same, here is his SoundCloud page and all of his tracks are FREE to DL and they're in .wav format. I especially enjoyed "Tekanya" http://soundcloud.com/soulspeed/tekanya and I played it on my radio show and gave him a good plug for all the lovely freeness of his tunage.

p.s his is from Florida.

http://soundcloud.com/soulspeed