Post by lpa »

never go to a party without a pair of these bad boys :
http://50.30.33.54/gaolinimages/images/ ... origin.jpg
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: The "don't clap" thread

Post by Phase Ghost »

PsyTox wrote:we need less "fashion police" that tells people you shouldn't clap. Or yell. Or whistle. Or dance. Or dance in a certain way. Or dress in a certain way. It's starting to work on my tits that these days everyone wants to get everything into rules of conduct or something.... a party should exactly be the place to be free to do what you want.

When I think about things that bother me at parties nowadays, it's mostly the huge stages where dj's are standing 20 meters away and a few meters above the crowd, as if they are more than people playing other people's tunes. Or better then the crowd. And also ditch the VIP-area-with-100-people-behind-the-booth thing too, as Dj Tanith once said back in the days when raves all started: on the dancefloor, everyone's the same ;)

The superstar-dj-thing works on my nerves far more than people clapping or having fun. The odacity!
Hit the nail on the head there. Electronic music events have always been about being yourself without anyone judging you and having fun.
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mehta »

b-ran wrote:whats up with that horrible sounding effect she put at the end of the video to end the night (..morning?) you can see people putting their fingers in their ears to block the sound haha..
sounds like she is mixing in a midrange sinewave

seems like a great party. pretty normal to end a set that deep into the morning with an older personal track that might seem "pants" to those who aren't right there with you in the moment
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

roland wrote:totally ace environment for a party imo..

clapping is nothing to care about when you have experienced people showing up with a whistle which you will hear everytime no matter where this guy is standing ^^
disco claps very welcome... especially timed to the claps in the track.

Whistles are the worst... not allowed. cause all they need to do is breathe and you can hear it from a mile away... I usually ask those people to tone it down... then if it continues I will poor my drink on them and not think twice about it.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

you must be a barrel of laughs to hang out with.
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

b-ran wrote:whats up with that horrible sounding effect she put at the end of the video to end the night (..morning?) you can see people putting their fingers in their ears to block the sound haha..
WOW

This is the worst set finishing of the century...
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

LouisVee wrote:
WOW

This is the worst set finishing of the century...
haha, the awkwardness was overwhelming before the one guy finally started to cheer.. :D
1nfinitezer0
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 1nfinitezer0 »

mehta wrote:
sounds like she is mixing in a midrange sinewave

seems like a great party. pretty normal to end a set that deep into the morning with an older personal track that might seem "pants" to those who aren't right there with you in the moment
almost sounds like a timecode, hah. i know some hippies who are into the sound entrainment bs - thinking that certain pure frequencies affect your chakras and internal organs... or maybe she was trying to be as minimal as you can get.
dj + producer : dub techno house etc: [url]http://flavors.me/1nfinitezer0[/url] - [url]http://soundcloud.com/1nfinitezer0[/url]