highest price you payed on discogs :)

- open
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: highest price you payed on discogs :)

Post by ::BLM:: »

Yep.

Used his samples in 2 of my tracks that got released.

http://www.discogs.com/BLM-Step-To-This/release/2263771
http://www.discogs.com/BLM-Pawas-Waitin ... se/2260287

The tones are great, but now everyone is using them so I stopped. He said he is going to do another CD so will have to keep my eye for that one.
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

Have been looking at a copy of The Other People Place - Lifestyles of the Laptop Cafe for a while. All of them are around £100 for a clean copy. A mate found it in Vinyl Exchange in Manchester for £30 though.. in VG+ cond... bargain!
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

sold a lot of my vinyl and it's sometimes pretty silly how much people pay for certain records. can't be just about the music anymore for some. Bought that ten-piece album of Aphew Twin in leather binder for about 120 euro, but sold it for 400... I mean, that album sucked but because it was bij AFX all of a sudden punters wanted to sell their granny for a copy...

Luckily I'm an old fart so I bought most classics when they were simply around in my local record store for 5-6 euros back in the days...

never been a collector much, so if I have the music in a wav I simply sell the thing. Should get around to selling the last 500 or so (from 13000 :) ).

Highest price I've ever paid was probably 25 euro for a Perlon I really loved, and 20 euro for Mala's "Bury Da Bwoy". Can't bring myself to pay more for a track. :)
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

€90 for Richard Wolfsdorf - MDMA
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I paid around £25 for Future Sound of London - Cascade from Ebay back in the day.

Quick check on discogs: "47 for sale from £1.77" lol

I have the Run Stop Restore - Remixes 12" a very mediocre record and from what i've heard goes for £100 + Any takers? ;)
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

Del wrote: I have the Run Stop Restore - Remixes 12" a very mediocre record and from what i've heard goes for £100 + Any takers? ;)
i've still got one of those, too. never really looked at what it was worth anymore, but i'm sure its not that much.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

Thanks for your replys on this topic, I'm a bit surprised that most people are actually quite reasonable...

anyways, im very happy i spent this money. I listened to the record and every cent was worth buying it.... This record is a trip.... The best thing is, its not even white labeled.... its just a regular copy with a stamp on the label side, which says promotional copy only... the graphic on the other side is also there.

I know I will not be able to sell this record anytime ever again :)... I think money is so irrelevant in some cases. i spent 7 hours of work for this.... who gives a sh!t? Money cant buy the feelings i have when i listen to this record :).
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

30 € for this jewel 8)