riots in London

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: riots in London

Post by tone-def »

most of these kids are just jumping on the bandwagon.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: riots / idiots in London

Post by Robot Criminal »

::BLM:: wrote:Who changed my post topic name? Please don't do it again.
I changed it and it reads right below your post that I changed it.
before it was named just "riots" - didn't find it quite appropriate.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: riots

Post by PsyTox »

roland wrote:imo this is gonna come over whole europe.. it's the result of the methodical exploitation of the people, in favour of the financial capital by politicians over the last decades..

lack of prospects combined with anger is crucial..
this. It's not right what's happening, but if you push people far enough that they have no hope of even remotely getting a future, this is what happens. Meanwhile they keep cutting into education, healthcare, you name it, to save some bankers that are rich beyond belief already. But many people are losing their jobs, homes and hope for a future in the process.

It's easy to sit in a cozy chair and judge, while this really was coming for a long time... and not just in London. It's the turning point in our capitalist system in my honest opinion. I hope someone will take notes and actually do something instead of just trying to mop up the damage and continue as we were.

Still, looting your own community is not exactly the right way to get your message across :roll:
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Still, looting your own community is not exactly the right way to get your message across
This is it.

Fine people are angry, but mugging people, setting houses on fire, breaking into other peoples houses whilst they are occupied isn't the answer.

People need to take responsibly for themselves. I know someone that is 16 and they were laughing and saying how they just wanted a new TV. How is that anything other then opportunist behaviour?
Last edited by ::BLM:: on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: riots

Post by patrick bateman »

Robot Criminal wrote:
Themis wrote:
hope everyone is allright.
second

what about this:
So it turns out that the Sony DADC in Enfield which burned down contained most of Britain’s decent record stocks. XL Records, Domino Records, Angular Records and many more may have lost their entire stock. We called Joe Daniel from Angular Records for a quote. He said: “Cunts.” Seconded
any "underground" losses to these mindless looting / arsoning fuckers?
Rekids:
just because PIAS our distributor's warehouse at SONY DADC burnt down melting all our stock doesn't mean we are going to give up on vinyl..
all our stock and new releases were at SONY DADC to be distributed via PIAS - everything has melted...
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i'm with you guys rioting can't be the way but i just read this..

Here's a sad truth, expressed by a Londoner when asked by a television reporter: Is rioting the correct way to express your discontent?

"Yes," said the young man. "You wouldn't be talking to me now if we didn't riot, would you?"

The TV reporter from Britain's ITV had no response. So the young man pressed his advantage. "Two months ago we marched to Scotland Yard, more than 2,000 of us, all blacks, and it was peaceful and calm and you know what? Not a word in the press. Last night a bit of rioting and looting and look around you."
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

roland wrote:i'm with you guys rioting can't be the way but i just read this..

Here's a sad truth, expressed by a Londoner when asked by a television reporter: Is rioting the correct way to express your discontent?

"Yes," said the young man. "You wouldn't be talking to me now if we didn't riot, would you?"

The TV reporter from Britain's ITV had no response. So the young man pressed his advantage. "Two months ago we marched to Scotland Yard, more than 2,000 of us, all blacks, and it was peaceful and calm and you know what? Not a word in the press. Last night a bit of rioting and looting and look around you."
Understatement IMO...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

"a bit" yeah. And WHAT are they saying exactly?
"I want to bash some windows in and a new telly?!"
Independent record labels have been left "devastated" by a fire started by rioters which destroyed a stock warehouse in Enfield on Monday night.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/14460204
appalling beyond belief.
"None of us really know what's driving it. It's not rioting for any political reason, it's not rioting for any social motivation, it's not even rioting for a materialistic reason because once the lootings done why set fire to the building? And that to me, gives some sort of indication that people don't feel socially connected to the environment they're in."
It's not the riots that shock me.. it's the people that steal from injured people in the streets and mug all ages...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424 seriously...
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...