Magda, Marc Houle and Troy Pierce leave Minus

- open
1nfinitezer0
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Magda, Marc Houle and Troy Pierce leave Minus

Post by 1nfinitezer0 »

yeah, it doesn't sound too dramatic to me. is there need for that sort of assumption based on their personalities...?
an inevitable creative shift, i hope to see both labels produce new and interesting directions.
dj + producer : dub techno house etc: [url]http://flavors.me/1nfinitezer0[/url] - [url]http://soundcloud.com/1nfinitezer0[/url]
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

oblioblioblio wrote:whats with all the drama? it sounds like a major football player is being sold or something.

maybe magda et al want to rebrand themselves (although ironically someone mentioned that items and things is not dissimilar in sound to minus)

Where's the spirit of underground music? Just do what is necessary to do. When it's done the work will speak for itself. No drama, no press releases, no politics, no marketing, no champagne.
Drama? Are we reading the same interview?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

meh, when i decide to do something I just do it. Maybe I talk with friends about it.

I don't need to have a press release to say what I'm doing.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

oblioblioblio wrote:meh, when i decide to do something I just do it. Maybe I talk with friends about it.

and others might do thing differently than you.
In this situation I think it's very fair to release a press release.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

oblioblioblio wrote:meh, when i decide to do something I just do it. Maybe I talk with friends about it.

Were you part of a label that helped shape the scene as it currently is today, with a vast fan-base that extends beyond your circle of friends that may be interested in what you are doing? And even if your not a fan - recognizing the role the have played in the scene over the past few years.

I do think most professionals, regardless of what field they work in can relate to the desire/drive to do their own things. Foster/hone their skills under the safety of a bigger entity - then getting the confidence to branch out and do their own thing. Hell, I follow the careers of some software developers and keep an eye on what projects they work on, what companies they move to and what ventures they decide to start on their own. So outside of the specifics of Magda/Marc/Troy and Minus - the general 'story' behind it I find interesting.

I've been kinda 'meh' towards Minus and their releases lately so perhaps I'm just playing devils advocate or something, but I can see why it's 'news worthy'
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

I wonder what kinda contracts or exclusivity they had with M_NUS? I'm a super Troy fan, and I asked him when he played a few months ago here why he hasn't been releasing much stuff he said, "Wait, it's coming soon." SO I guess here it is. Maybe we will see more original tracks and remixes by the 3 now that they aren't tied or locked down. I'm sure they have a strong line up of fresh new artists as well. Happy to see this change. Should only be more good music coming out from them.

Smaller gigs? Does this mean I can book Magda for $2500.00 now instead of $3000.00? Taking smaller gigs=less money right?
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

good for them following their own voice / vision

this can only mean more great music from their new label

and more great music from the void left at minus