Post by New Guy »

hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Which classic are you listening at the moment

Post by hairblz »

Opuswerk wrote:Great thread!

and

actually the whole Studio 1 collection has a permanent place in my playlists and sets.
Wish I had the balls/vinyl to play this sh!t.
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:I love that deep underwater vibe
Do you have the album? Such a fantastic vinyl.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Unfortunately I don't have that one on vinyl, just digital. That track came out in 96 and I didn't start buying vinyl until around '97-'98, (Don't remember exactly) I missed out I guess. I have never seen it anywhere except on the internet at places like discogs. I live in Canada and generally not too keen on paying for international... no intercontinental shipping. For example there are 3 vinyl copies on discogs ranging from $30 to $71... add shipping onto that and its looking upwards of who knows what. $50 to $90 probably. I am not sure. I love that track to death but to be honest I have a hard time justifying the expense.

I don't think I have heard the entire release but I know there is at least one other track I like on it. Its a double EP so maybe it would be worth it. I have really liked that particular track since I heard it on a Deep Dish mix CD I bought ages ago. Cream Separates 02 I think. There are a couple nice tracks in that mix... was my first exposure to Rhythm & Sound with Tikiman, that 'Never Tell You' Track. I have most of those R&S/Tikiman releases from around that time on vinyl though. The local record shop and ordered in a whole bunch of them and I bought one of each right when they were put out... just lucky timing that I walked in right then. One of my friends gave me a dirty look when he heard I had snapped them up. :D They where little records, 8 inches maybe with and instrumental side and a vocal side. I recorded them to digital and have rarely played them. Mint condition still.

I am getting off track here... no I don't have that release but maybe someday if I see a good steal of a deal on it.

EDIT: By the way... know of any tracks that are kind of like it? I love that vibe, I wish more music was like that.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

There is a copy in my local 2nd hand record store for £10

Do you want me to go see if its still there? P+P will be £8, so for a classic album thats not bad.

You should check out andrew weatheralls blood sugar mixes.