IS this forum dying?

- open
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

IS this forum dying?

Post by eggnchips »

It's such a great forum with intersting topics and likewise members but posts seem to less and less frequent to the point where I've stopped checking it.
Maybe a name change wouldn't go amiss?
NomadSpectrum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: IS this forum dying?

Post by NomadSpectrum »

I was feeling the same too
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Common for many forums all over.
I think the social sites have more power than forums nowadays...
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

which is awesome, coz i really love spam. :-sta

i am getting really sick of things like soundcloud and facebook.
i remember when you had to have an invite to join s.cloud. What silly high hopes I had.

its a shame that this forum is pretty quiet these days. i remember when i first found mnml, it was pretty active back then. it will pick up again for sure...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

there are highs and lows, but if you want the forum more active why dont you contribute a little more? 1 post a week is not really much :)
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Maybe the slightly different colours has created some kind of mental disjunction in people. It has seemed pretty quiet but it's summertime and people have lots of stuff to do and much of it takes place out of doors :D Just wait until the weather changes and everyone is forced to retreat to to their warm dens full of music equipment, turntables and records. Then things will pick up.

Maybe the music is becoming less popular or there are not as many parties happening which in turn draw in new people to the music. Someone in another thread said that you can make it to the top of the beatport charts with only a few hundred downloads. That sounds kind of sad and does not bode well for the music in general.

I think its just a busy time of year. People are out enjoying the summer and such. Better than spending all day posting in forums! :D
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

one thing for sure there is rarely any activity here on the weekend. The production forum always has a steady pace of topics flowing through imo.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Themis wrote:there are highs and lows, but if you want the forum more active why dont you contribute a little more? 1 post a week is not really much :)
i enjoy reading other members topics. if i can answer something i usually find it has already been answered. unless i can add something i dont bother.
back when i started on here people got flamed for asking how to make 'this' bassline etc.... i used to think it was a bit harsh.
but now i can't help but get a bit tired of the same posts going on lately. i can see how the mnml originals must of felt back when i started. i think i even asked those sort of questions when i started.
over the years i have used the search, googled, read books etc... the need to post is lessened when you already know how to find out information.
the things that i have read here that have been the most usefull are things that i never even knew about before. like tuning drums to a scale, polyrhythms, harmonics and composition.
when i first tried to apply a polyrhythm to a track it sounded gash, but i kept trying it until i found a way to work it. i could have asked how to make it sound good, but then i am only doing what others are doing.