IS this forum dying?

- open
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: IS this forum dying?

Post by Vito »

whatever wrote:@ junger - believe me, i have one or two very nice records of few one-record producers of the 90s that i found in that store in ibiza... that kind of stuff i'm talking about. i see myself as a thorough online digger also (zero record stores in romania, so i have the oportunity to go into a store once, maybe twice a year, not more) and i would have never bumped into that records in my searches.
What store in Ibiza cos i cant find any stores??? :?: :(
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

Vinyl Club. it was closed in 2009. there are no recordstores in ibiza anymore :(
quelquechose
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by quelquechose »

lostinmusiq wrote:
vermi wrote:Strange with the decreasing traffic; I mean, after all the Italians got online it should be the opposite! ;) Anyhow, away with the jokes; speaking for myself, this forum was for me a large part in discovering new artists and new releases, discussing releases, etc. However, in my humble opinion, the majority of all releases I've checked out over the last few years (and that's not a small number) have been/are shite. It has certainly affected the amount of time I spend on trying to discover new music, be it artists or releases. And in addition, people are growing up, getting new responsibilities (work, family, studies, etc), and time becomes a limited, but still sought after resource. So I think it boils down to priorities, combined with what Patrick mentioned, social medias taking over.

What can you do about it? Not much. As others have mentioned, when there's something to talk about, people will talk. Otherwise they'll just prioritize differently and spend their time on something else that gives them more in return.

My 50cent vs. Eminem (remix).
There is truth here, but as I demonstrated in the Richie Hawtin thread, how is it that these guys still find the very best in music? I know for a fact that unless you are alerted to something, trawling through Beatport is awful. I also agree with a previous poster who suggested that the name mnml. nl should change, because minimal no longer is popular.

u

i can´t say it better 8)

most of my records i bought after i knew beatport for the first time ...
quelquechose
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by quelquechose »

I suppose this is why it is dying. Everyone new is regarded as a Troll and just gives up :lol:
HEFTY
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HEFTY »

i joined here bout 3 years ago and havent been on for over a year now.........seems v quiet indeed........used to b on here everyday then posts/replies just started fading so i stopped coming on here
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

The production forum here is definitely the most intelligent, thoughtful music production forum I know. Even "how do I make techhouse bass?" threads are answered helpfully with only a little disdain ;)

General's pretty quiet yeah... but it could be worse, at least it's not full of daft Boilerroom/Youtube commenter types.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

i like I or others have allude it to this before, but communication methods are changing - more social media less posting.

Its a pity as this forum is quality. I agree I am not a producer but there appears to be wealth of knowledge on there.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

simonb wrote:The production forum here is definitely the most intelligent, thoughtful music production forum I know. Even "how do I make techhouse bass?" threads are answered helpfully with only a little disdain ;)
great point.. * more than a few times I've stumbled in there as thought the same thing.

I didn't typically come into the general section for many years until the past 3 years or so... based on the mix section which is where I'd spend 90-95% of my time.. I'd say it's expanded more than ever. anything of quality always ends up here.. so based on the my perspective and coming from the mix section primarily, I'd say the outlet is twice as much as several years ago, and also with more active users posting more quality mixes from around the world and back than ever before... * perhaps even too many mixes..