IS this forum dying?

- open
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: IS this forum dying?

Post by Robot Criminal »

whatever wrote:hands all dirty and black with dust but glowing with happiness of finding some lost tracks u couldn't find digging online not in a million years...
:lol: :lol: I hear u!! :)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Acid Brownies
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Acid Brownies »

Why not member's charts? selfish people? haha

pff it exists no a lot of feedback. I will do a chart soon :D
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Themis wrote:for me, mnml.nl is not a site were you discuss everydays news, there are a lot of other sites for this purpose.
its more like a little community, sometimes there are things to talk about, sometimes not.
i like mnml.nl because there are many people here who know their stuff. i feel like i know many people in a way around here.

BLM, Bateman who often give us a look behind the curtain of labels and distribution stuff.

im not a producer but nevertheless people who come to mind are
steevio, oblioblioblio, hydrogen who engage in almost every topic in the producing section and give their opinion and tips

we have people like whatever who sometimes gives information about things sorounding arpiar, though she is a bit grumpy from day to day ;)

Creditcard who works at the Freebase Record Shop and lets us know about pre-sales, prizes, limited releases.
the music hunters junger, blizt, b-ran, Roy Koch, muftufu, grace anxiety, Raze who are on a never ending mission to ID tracks.

from time to time we get all hyped up about some sh!t, then its time for cloutier to bring us back to earth :D

of course there are a lot more people which i didnt mention, but you get the idea :)
also im not nearly as long on this board as other members who were active in the earlier years of mnml.nl.
This one needs my quote!

I'm just thankfull this forum has people willing to help others.
That's why I started this in the first place!
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Yep, it's a cool forum. I don't post anywhere as near as much these days as previously but always stop by for a read. I'd agree it's simply down to facebook, twitter being the popular choice these days mainly because of the quickness in response they seem to have. Must start posting around here more often again.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re:

Post by thom »

IS this forum dying?
This forum reflects minimal techno music perfectly.

The good and the bad.

Good people, good music. But also arrogance. Much of it.
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Re:

Post by whatever »

thom wrote:
This forum reflects minimal techno music perfectly.

The good and the bad.

Good people, good music. But also arrogance. Much of it.
why only minimal techno music? what about reflecting life in general?
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fugazi »

:-flower
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

vermi wrote:Strange with the decreasing traffic; I mean, after all the Italians got online it should be the opposite! ;) Anyhow, away with the jokes; speaking for myself, this forum was for me a large part in discovering new artists and new releases, discussing releases, etc. However, in my humble opinion, the majority of all releases I've checked out over the last few years (and that's not a small number) have been/are shite. It has certainly affected the amount of time I spend on trying to discover new music, be it artists or releases. And in addition, people are growing up, getting new responsibilities (work, family, studies, etc), and time becomes a limited, but still sought after resource. So I think it boils down to priorities, combined with what Patrick mentioned, social medias taking over.

What can you do about it? Not much. As others have mentioned, when there's something to talk about, people will talk. Otherwise they'll just prioritize differently and spend their time on something else that gives them more in return.

My 50cent vs. Eminem (remix).
Phew, I was just about to cry while reading these words. And no, that's not a joke.