minimal2house

- open
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: minimal2house

Post by hairblz »

::BLM:: wrote:Can you not like both genres?
Can you not start a thread discussing an interesting shift in music production styles?

Most people agree that "minimal" is "dead", however one guy I know takes offence to this and says that minimal is not dead, it has just changed its aesthetic.

Tech-house is just much easier to browse, sifting through all the bullshit just pisses me off a bit, whereas with minimal I would get a headache quite fast.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Can you not start a thread discussing an interesting shift in music production styles?
Thing is unless we speak to the artists accused of moving genres we will never find out the truth. I make lots of different styles of music, just what is going on in my life at the time dictates what sort of music I make and put out. Artists evolve - by getting older has changed the way and style I make music. You cant expect producers to be making exactly the same thing over and over again. It gets boring for a producer to do that. I have no idea how the likes of Rick Wade and crew make exactly the same stuff for years and years. I guess they really love what they do, but for me its more interesting to see what an artists take on different styles is.
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

::BLM:: wrote: Thing is unless we speak to the artists accused of moving genres we will never find out the truth.
Who knows if those yellow genre jumpers would even tell us the truth? Imo it's just an interesting topic, I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up more often, given the name of this forum.
::BLM:: wrote: You cant expect producers to be making exactly the same thing over and over again.
Yeah, I always expect/hope things will evolve, it's the scale of this shift in trend that makes it worth discussing for me.

Everyone's making dark freaky, harsh sounds and within two years it's gone all "nice" sounding. Yes it's good for producers to evolve, but you think it's just coincidence that everyone has chosen to experiment with nice softer sounds?

Ps. I know that there are many exceptions to this.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I guess its just really hard not to be influenced with whats going on around you in the music scene.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

Is it really such a big deal if a techno artist does some house for a while?
:roll: