How many sales for beatport top 100?

- open
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: How many sales for beatport top 100?

Post by Barfunkel »

trak660 wrote:The back button didn't always work on the old one. That difference alone gets a +1 from me!

Selling exclusively through a particular store could get you on their charts. It might negatively affect total sales, but numbers would be higher at that one place.

What about having friends buy enough tracks to get you on?
If 50 sales will do it, you could just give 50 people $1.49 to go to Beatport. :lol:
I thought it was standard practice to manipulate charts that way by record labels? Just spend a bit of the marketing budget to get yourself a top 10 hit.
prisoner74
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by prisoner74 »

man, i cant believe that with 50 sales you can get in to top 100!
if a top 100 track is making only 50 sales then why most of the producers who get into top100 act like they win the lotto or something? doing 1000 facebook posts, 1000 twits and have a smile bigger than their head?

Hey! my track is in top 100! I f***! you know
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

prisoner74 wrote:man, i cant believe that with 50 sales you can get in to top 100!
if a top 100 track is making only 50 sales then why most of the producers who get into top100 act like they win the lotto or something? doing 1000 facebook posts, 1000 twits and have a smile bigger than their head?

Hey! my track is in top 100! I f***! you know
remember it is over a short timeframe. The charts are constantly updated with the last x days of sales. Last year I think it was 3 or 7 days sales, not sure how it is currently.
So to stay in the top 100 chart, in the bottom, you would have to keep continuing to sell those 50-75 tracks constantly..
prisoner74
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by prisoner74 »

thanks for the info :)

anyone knows about the 'label top 10' ?

how they calculate the labels top 10? Is it for total sales from the beginning or again it is changing every X days?
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

I think it's from the last 10 days
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

prisoner74 wrote:thanks for the info :)

anyone knows about the 'label top 10' ?

how they calculate the labels top 10? Is it for total sales from the beginning or again it is changing every X days?
right now I can't seem to understand the label top 10... might be for a year or something, at least it looks very strange and it's not for 10 days, that's for sure.
They will soon introduce a dropdown so the user can select various date ranges for the top 10's under label/artists.
prisoner74
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by prisoner74 »

another thing i cant understand is that in many artists top 10 i can see only 2-3 or 5-6 tracks (of-course talking about artists who have a huge number of releases or at least more than the displayed tracks)

i notice this happened after the change to the new bp version!
Could be a scr***up in the database? who knows

about all this top10/chart thing in my opinion beatport should say to the publip what exactly going on.