talented minimal producers

- open
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: talented minimal producers

Post by ::BLM:: »

tone-def wrote:Craig Richards and Lee Burridge are the reason i'm into underground house music. the first time i went proper clubbing was to fabric for Tyrant and Sieg Über Die Sonne.

I was there that night. Great Party that one. Pretty much the same for me as well. Craig has been my favourite DJ since them days.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

::BLM:: wrote:
tone-def wrote:Craig Richards and Lee Burridge are the reason i'm into underground house music. the first time i went proper clubbing was to fabric for Tyrant and Sieg Über Die Sonne.

I was there that night. Great Party that one. Pretty much the same for me as well. Craig has been my favourite DJ since them days.
yeah it was, did you listen to the world dj day thing on radio 1? it was about a year before. i remember it well because they were both on my birthdays or the Saturday night after.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

::BLM:: wrote:Loved SCSI9, they really were in a league of their own.
Yeah!

Craig Richards has been pretty boring the few times I've seen him at Fabric. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for that kind of techno he was playing those times. Amazing DJ though! Skills :o
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Yes. I had a recording of it. With Slam as well I think.
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

yeah i still play a lot of the force tracks stuff...swayzak, luomo, crane ak etc...they are the ones that invented the clicky micro house with their clicks&cuts compilations, i was really blown away with their sound at the time. traum and trapez had their golden ages but i think they've kinda stayed the same for the past 10 years, no evolution there.

as for these op's tracks, this kinda minimal is so utterly boring, sometimes this kinda sound feels like a competition of who manages to insert most samples in one track (bruno pronsato anyone?).

also i agree with what someone said earlier, i too miss the more experimental and darky sound in the clubs these days, everything is so damn clean and safe...
clssifaid
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by clssifaid »

that set you mentioned
http://soundcloud.com/r_co/craig-richar ... j-day-2002
and a couple more at soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/groups/craig-richards-tyrant

what's your opinion on the nothing special mix?
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

::BLM:: wrote:Used to love this one. Classic for me really.

Yeah, I've got this one. Totally forgot about it. Thanks!