Making Contakt

- open
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Making Contakt

Post by Kiani »

it's not about being cool or not, it's just that two much extras distract you from the main thing, that's why I don't like livesets with other intruments either. they should keep it simple, imo ;)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:of course its a different ballgame, but he just said it sounds the same

i guess the show was big and professionel, but thats nothing new, labels and companys do this since decades.
like cocoon, they make festivals twice as big as the contact events every year for a long time, the even have their own club and every cashcow artist you can think of under contract.
this minus documentarys are mostly richie talking in a esoteric way about how technologie is revolutionary and things like that

though i was also on the minus train 3-4 years ago and the label and sound played a big role in my daily music consumption.

minus isnt cool anymore? thats a big understatment. go to decks.de and search for "minus" the first 3 sites are cloths. i would more likely buy clothes from minus than music, thats what they are for me.
it's funny how you always want to disagree with me, even though we mean the same thing, hahahaha.
(M_nus isn't cool on this site, was what I meant.)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

it's about commercializing the scene.. that's not cool -frown 2
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

Sure it is; commercializing equals more exposure equals more cash flow equals more producers/bigger scene. I hope everyone here gets f*cking rich with their productions; that doesnt mean there is less 'love' or 'passion'. you just get paid for what ur good at.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

i went to a couple of contakt gigs the year it came out...
once at sonar (2008?) and once at Brixton Academy (2009?)... both were good fun... the visuals were stunning on that massive LED screen...

the whole thing was a spectacle... and the way it was setup and organised was very much like a high production gig...

fair play to the guys... they were having a pop at something differnt.. trying to take a dj gig to a different level... trying to turn a dj gig into rolling stones/u2 show... we've had 1 DJ play records to a massive arena crowd.. and they thought what else can we do to entertain a mass audience and do something different...

ultimately they ended up with an elaborate back to back dj session with a screen full of visuals... that probably could have been done by one person... and i guess was a watered down richie hawtin set diluted by magda, gaiser, troy piece etc etc....

but i'm sure they entertained a few people... and at least they had a pop at doing something different...
Mecalto Rossa
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mecalto Rossa »

the cube was really just a way for the crowd to interact a bit more with the event, although it did play a big part of the promotion in selling the iphone app that went with the tour

what got me was again the how well it was all put together and also how they did hit major hurdles! my favorite was probably troy updating software the day of a show and losing access to all his files, not good!
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

re.vise wrote:Sure it is; commercializing equals more exposure equals more cash flow equals more producers/bigger scene. I hope everyone here gets f*cking rich with their productions; that doesnt mean there is less 'love' or 'passion'. you just get paid for what ur good at.
...equals more music made for just to have a go with teh moneyz equals more sh!t music. imo.
And I really don't know if I myself would steer clear off the moneyz :lol:
Agree with the rest of it.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...