song recognisers

- open
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: song recognisers

Post by Kiani »

daniellesniewski wrote:
Kiani wrote:i think the best way is to go through all vinyl websites and try to learn as much as possible. ;) Once the music is not mainstream anymore, those programs don't work
i dunno about that, i'm trying to ID a track from a 'Chloe' set and i don't rele think many people would expose themselves to that kind of music. it's just like wikipedia really, first point of reference to find some basic information, if theres nothing substantial on what you're looking for, then you have to dig deeper.

i really don't want to get into this kind of discussion though, if you know a good song recogniser program then please let me know, if not, then open a new thread on the ethics of searching for music
i wasn't near wanting to start a discussion on that matter, i use the ID section sometimes too and also help ID'ing tracks over there, i just don't think those recognizing programs exist. Some of my friends try to ID everything they find and they use these things too, but once you're searching for the tracks only very few people know, you don't get results. Once you're on that level, you might just want to browse the internet for labels/artists with similar sounds, but that's obvious of course.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

to correct myself, I'm talking about vinyl stuff. You indeed have better cances with digitally released music, as somebody mentions above. I just remember that a friend of mine was trying shazam to see if it recognized the tracks I played, but there were only few he recognized, being the ones not released only on vinyl. The wikipedia way of such a program would be interesting though but is not out there (yet?) I believe
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

prussell wrote:
Themis wrote:shazam is not available over a browser
browser/music sample > speakers > shazam
?
hm? dont find it ! link ?
with browser i mean with a pc