police brutality in Spain

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

heard that unemployment in Spain is 21% and even 40% with young people... no wonder they are protesting.
In the mean time, the bankers are doing business as usual, paying bonusses and selling dodgy derivatives as before. Easy of course when you can get rich while the common people pick up the tab.

I'm mostly curious that these kind of protests aren't happening more. the western world has become full of meak and apathic people it seems.

Anyway. The sun shines in our country that hasn't had a government in the past two years and that seems to be enough.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

POWER TO THE PEOPLE.........................NOT.
dyte
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dyte »

PsyTox wrote: I'm mostly curious that these kind of protests aren't happening more. the western world has become full of meak and apathic people it seems.
If the majority of people feel that they have a decent life then they'll not protest, if the banks, major corps etc can continue to convince the masses that they're 'well off' the current system will continue.

Saying that do you feel you're in a better position than your parents were when they were your age? Greater disposable income available, wider social groups etc?

It's sunny here too! Doesn't happen too regularly in Scotland :D
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

dyte wrote:
PsyTox wrote: I'm mostly curious that these kind of protests aren't happening more. the western world has become full of meak and apathic people it seems.
If the majority of people feel that they have a decent life then they'll not protest, if the banks, major corps etc can continue to convince the masses that they're 'well off' the current system will continue.
What do you mean 'convince'?
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

PsyTox wrote:
I'm mostly curious that these kind of protests aren't happening more. the western world has become full of meak and apathic people it seems.
i think its because the financial services market is complicated. you have to admit its confusing as hell. CDOs, commodity future trading indexes, credit default swap trading, moody's and s&p being paid off to give AAA ratings to high risk/unstable/worthless crap, harvard and berkley and many other university professors paid off to write papers that give their blessing on all of these devices that seemingly make money out of thin air (they dont, like you said it eventually travels down the financial food chain and hurts the common people)
dyte
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dyte »

Roy Koch wrote:
dyte wrote:
What do you mean 'convince'?
make them believe
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Did anyone outside of the uk hear about the student protests in London?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1bHOFHyEf0

Some kid got jail time for dropping a fire extinguisher off the roof of a government building.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

::BLM:: wrote:Did anyone outside of the uk hear about the student protests in London?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1bHOFHyEf0

Some kid got jail time for dropping a fire extinguisher off the roof of a government building.

literally nothing in the news here in austria...

edit: oh this was in november 2010 ?? we had reports about those protests back then!