DEMF 2011

- open
kgw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: DEMF 2011

Post by kgw »

TO the guy who wrote the long review:-

Very nice, but Matt Edwards is from the UK and Cio D'or is from Cologne, Germany.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i saw ricardo dj once for fabric 7th birthday in 2006 or 2007. He was completely and massively on top of his game. No party tricks just totally 'invisible' mixing. Incredible.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Was that when he played b2b with Craig?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

yeah i think so... andrew weatherall before, matt dear in room 2 and i think lindstrom live?

nice vibes that night as well. free oven gloves on the way out :)
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

joshchrans
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by joshchrans »

kgw wrote:TO the guy who wrote the long review:-

Very nice, but Matt Edwards is from the UK and Cio D'or is from Cologne, Germany.

Thanks, fixed
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Re:

Post by grace anxiety »

infernal.techno wrote:
junger wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:i thought ricardo fans boasted that he landed all of his mixes and never trainwrecked like all of the other djs out there? hey, i don't mind some spotty mixing every now and then if you are mixing great tracks together. if you are mixing bongo minimal with bongo minimal, there really shouldn't be an excuse if this has been your job for the past decade +
ofcourse i understand people can be dissapointed when they see a less than average performance of an artist they wait so long for to finally see him. Still its not bongo minimal with bongo minimal and you got the whole trick of this guy.... its not that easy to me... his reputation (as a dj) did not build up just like this because of nothing, when u experienced one of his greater sets you would know..
maybe. just have not heard any mixes where he's playing tracks that i find to be that interesting. that's just me, though.
most of his mixes online arent that great bar a few. i think you really have to see him in a certain type of enviroment to get the real villalobos experience. most times i have seen him play fabric he has been on top form.
Snaredrum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Re:

Post by Snaredrum »

infernal.techno wrote:
junger wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:i thought ricardo fans boasted that he landed all of his mixes and never trainwrecked like all of the other djs out there? hey, i don't mind some spotty mixing every now and then if you are mixing great tracks together. if you are mixing bongo minimal with bongo minimal, there really shouldn't be an excuse if this has been your job for the past decade +
ofcourse i understand people can be dissapointed when they see a less than average performance of an artist they wait so long for to finally see him. Still its not bongo minimal with bongo minimal and you got the whole trick of this guy.... its not that easy to me... his reputation (as a dj) did not build up just like this because of nothing, when u experienced one of his greater sets you would know..
maybe. just have not heard any mixes where he's playing tracks that i find to be that interesting. that's just me, though.

If you haven't already then check out his HR-XXL Clubnight set from 2001. 3 hours of essential music.