DEMF 2011

- open
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Hutch wrote:Anyone go to Shitshow? I went for K.atou and the sound was fubarred outside unless you were speaker hugging. I didn't let it ruin my time there tho. Got mangled :P
shitshw was insanity... went to see clint stewart for a bit on my way back from old miami.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

mlexicon wrote:ricardo wasnt really the problem and sometimes it takes a little extra to bring out some creativity in some people. SVEN SVEN SVEN was just on another level on the boat party. The security around him was preventing pictures with flash which would show that his jaw was wrapping around his neck. He trainwrecked countless times. He wasnt even tryin to do anything special, just play a record or cd, but that was some kind of impossible physical challenge. Im all for doing your thing and letting go but I dont think you understand just how fucked up this dude was. This wasnt no dancing in the parking lot youtube bullshit. I had a great time though, Stacey Pullen was killin it downstairs. Im sure someone here knows Chuck Flask from Paxahau, just ask him what he thought of Sven.
lol yikes
- matt
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re:

Post by roland »

Themis wrote:lets start a best of sven thread

i start with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6musnqGIHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUfeOO3e ... page#t=73s
omg the second one is from japan.. everyone has to see this =))

remember this interview is for the japanese crowd.. so it should kind of attract people and raise interest..

makes me laugh everytime :lol:
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: DEMF 2011

Post by junger »

I wasnt at demf but i can say i have seen so many videos in which ricardo cuts out the music and the crowd shows a huge reaction..... at fabric, at sms, last time i saw him at pollerwiesen he did it too, at green and blue 2009 he did it... its pretty much his handwriting if u ask me... im pretty sure he does it on purpose in 99.9 % of the times....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bagbGPL4r6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE6kA9hT ... re=related

both times the reaction is HUGE...
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

Ricardo, the producer, is responsible for some of my favorite tracks and remixes. He is musically gifted and as many here have already said, his older albums are classics.

As a DJ, I've yet to hear one of his sets really rock me. Good sets here and there over the years? Sure. But lots of this mediocre stuff, too.

There's an old saying from Jazz Age boxing legend Jack Dempsey that I think applies perfectly to Ricardo:

"It's difficult to get up at five in the morning to train when you wake up in silk underwear."
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

The Kontrol Party was pretty sweet with Rich. Me and my buddy were the last ones they let in after CLR literally and we caught the last hour of his set. It was nice because it was half packed and Richie didn't play tech house for 2 hours straight and played "a lot" more weirdish minimal stuff than the norm. :P Earplugs were a must.
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re:

Post by junger »

infernal.techno wrote:i thought ricardo fans boasted that he landed all of his mixes and never trainwrecked like all of the other djs out there? hey, i don't mind some spotty mixing every now and then if you are mixing great tracks together. if you are mixing bongo minimal with bongo minimal, there really shouldn't be an excuse if this has been your job for the past decade +
ofcourse i understand people can be dissapointed when they see a less than average performance of an artist they wait so long for to finally see him. Still its not bongo minimal with bongo minimal and you got the whole trick of this guy.... its not that easy to me... his reputation (as a dj) did not build up just like this because of nothing, when u experienced one of his greater sets you would know..
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Re:

Post by infernal.techno »

junger wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:i thought ricardo fans boasted that he landed all of his mixes and never trainwrecked like all of the other djs out there? hey, i don't mind some spotty mixing every now and then if you are mixing great tracks together. if you are mixing bongo minimal with bongo minimal, there really shouldn't be an excuse if this has been your job for the past decade +
ofcourse i understand people can be dissapointed when they see a less than average performance of an artist they wait so long for to finally see him. Still its not bongo minimal with bongo minimal and you got the whole trick of this guy.... its not that easy to me... his reputation (as a dj) did not build up just like this because of nothing, when u experienced one of his greater sets you would know..
maybe. just have not heard any mixes where he's playing tracks that i find to be that interesting. that's just me, though.
- matt