Moving to London!

- open
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

MarkA wrote:just realised I'm at the in-laws that weekend, next time!
Shackles are off, be there with bells on
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

cool. email names please to fearofflying@hotmail.co.uk and ill stick you plus your mates on the free list.
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

sent
tommy_fretwell
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tommy_fretwell »

Cheers for the responses!

@ BLM - im not best geographically placed to be honest, although its not difficult to get anywhere down here. I'm in Hammersmith, purely cos of the other halfs job. I notice all of the mentioned nights are over the east!!!

@ Mark - nice one mate, how long you been down here and for what reason, purely a creative move? I haven't got anything setup down here at the minute cos we are in a stop gap place, just a room..its driving me insane! What's it like getting a gig down here?

So as soon as I get settled I'll be finding my way around these places, without sounding too imposing would it be ok to maybe give any of you guys a shout!? My Mrs is a hater of all things electronic and being new to the area I'd be all on my lonesome...boohoo :(!
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I live in Hammersmith. Well easy to get everywhere from here.
tommy_fretwell
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tommy_fretwell »

what times are the last tubes back over here after a night then?
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

About 12.30.

Always just catch a taxi back as the last tube is too early or if I am feeling up to it I get the tube home in the morning.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

mann taxi's are expensive, especially those unlicensed minicabs outside clubs, i was well surprised at the cost of a black cab... those guys are well cheap. they can only charge a set fee, and they have to do loads of training to get the job. Good honest professionals! (some minicab drivers are super friendly as well but most of them just want to take your $$$ and at 8am if you're not feeling all there, you're not in a position to argue).

Night buses run from major locations in the city throughout the night... Hammersmith is a fairly safe area to walk around at night compared to others ... probably best to keep an eye out and make sure you know where you're going though. But compared to other areas if you know where you're going you shouldn't have any trouble.